RC Champion

Complete Revo Conversion - almost done

Had an extra Revo roller layin around and couldnt seem to sell it. I decided I would try my hand at SC trucks and well...

just waiting on an exhaust and swaybar kit

Looks nice, did you keep the opti drive in the transmission for reverse? I like it, waiting for the sway bars is a good choice too, it's really hard to drive without the sway bars. What exhaust are you getting for it?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    I got the tuned top end revo/slayer pipe.

The tranny has received a complete overhaul....forward only conversion and final drive gear change - Its exactly like the Slayer transmission now.

Used engine came apart on me today - flywheel nut came loose. Good thing too, I found that the previous owner sold me a rebuilt engine with a broken piston skirt. SOOOOO, I suppose I'll be pulling one of my other engines off to finish tuning this car! Sigh...I'll never learn.

Used engine came apart on me today - flywheel nut came loose. Good thing too, I found that the previous owner sold me a rebuilt engine with a broken piston skirt. SOOOOO, I suppose I'll be pulling one of my other engines off to finish tuning this car! Sigh...I'll never learn.
    Ouch, that sucks alot... That's why I'll never buy a used nitro engine. You just never know how they treated it or what could be wrong with it. And besides, a new 3.3 costs only $100, so why gamble on a used engine?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Agree, this will be the last one I get used. I wont ever buy a nitro car RTR if the engine is used. Take that poop off and sell it to me cheaper!

LOL - Lesson learned. I should have known something was wrong when I got it and it had Orange RTV sealer everywhere.

RC Champion
    Got the engine sway completed, just waiting for the LHS to open for a new set of gears. I found out my bell was a .8 mod and my spur was a 1.0 mod....needless to say, I'll be buying to right set tomorrow!

RC Champion
    Truck looks great, probably a really good idea stripping the tranny down as you did, less gears to break.
    Mine has held up greatly.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    well, the u-joint pin that attaches to the front differential flew out and locked the entire drive train up. I thought I locked the tranny down! Boy was I happy to see it was just an E-clip and u-joint pin!

RC Competitor
    Are the revo and slayer the smae chassis and all? what is the difference? So for the newb questions, I love the slayers!