RC poster

Will I ever be able to fix my Spartan?

Dear Traxxas,

How can I fix my Spartan if your parts are forever on backorder?

Sincerely,
    A very mad off Spartan owner...

OK, more seriously my Dad and I both have Spartans that we used to use every Saturday. Well he fell a little behind on maintenance and his stuffing tube liner melted to the drive cable. This caused the stuffing to tube to seize and spin within it's mount on the radio tray, which melted the radio tray! Now I know it's his fault for not greasing it enough but it's been over 2 months and I cannot get the parts for him! They are on backorder everywhere!!! I did find the Radio Tray on some sites but they look very shady and I don't trust ordering from them, I want to stick to a known site.

Traxxas, can you please get the parts in stock so I can drive my boat with my Dad again?

**Please take the time to read and understand Traxxas' rules here. I understand you are mad about the situation, but offensive or profane language is not allowed here.**
    Last edited by Double G; 08-03-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier
    Even towerhobbies doesnt stock them? And you know you can buy directly from traxxas.......its probably more $ but they may have the parts you need... Imo you should stock up on parts when stock is good then if they dont have the parts your good ....

p.s. i do agree with you 100% there hasnt been good stock with the spartan parts since it came out .... lol
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-03-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: merge
    spartan1 castle ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcforever27 View Post
    Even towerhobbies doesnt stock them? And you know you can buy directly from traxxas.......its probably more $ but they may have the parts you need... Imo you should stock up on parts when stock is good then if they dont have the parts your good ....
    Tower, A Main, eBay, even BuyTraxxas.com all say out of stock. I have been checking for almost 2 months!

RC Qualifier
    You can try ebay
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko5678 View Post
    You can try ebay
    No luck, searched for "Traxxas 5724" "Traxxas 5724r", and "Spartan Radio Tray"...
    E-Revo Brushless, Rustler VXL, Spartan

RC Enthusiast
    I'm not sure they planned on the boat being as popular as it is. Didn't take long for several sites to start carrying parts for the Spartan and the after market stuff seems to be doing well. Definately a supply and demand thing right now, with the demand being a little higher then the supply.

RC Qualifier
    I know that without the component tray you are still stuck, but the stuffing tube is easily replaced with some 1/4" brass tube from the LHS and the teflon liner can be purchased on line or at the LHS.

If the stuffing tube is gone, I assume you are also looking for a flex cable. Jeff Wohlt sells excellent quality aftermarket cables for the Spartan. (you will need to replace the stock 4mm prop nut with a 10/32 nut for Jeff's flex drives.

hog

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post
    I know that without the component tray you are still stuck, but the stuffing tube is easily replaced with some 1/4" brass tube from the LHS and the teflon liner can be purchased on line or at the LHS.

If the stuffing tube is gone, I assume you are also looking for a flex cable. Jeff Wohlt sells excellent quality aftermarket cables for the Spartan. (you will need to replace the stock 4mm prop nut with a 10/32 nut for Jeff's flex drives.

hog
    I have 3 of the 5 parts I need. Got a new flex cable already, new seal for where the cable exits the hull, and a new collet. I can find the stuffing tube here and there, but it's the radio tray that's killing me...

RC Qualifier
    Try Pricefalls.com 866-503-9799 It says they have 10 in stock

RC poster
    So I ignored this thread and the boat for a while, but A Main just cancelled my order for the Radio Tray because they can't seem to get it. I cannot believe I am having this much trouble finding a Traxxas part! I'm so mad that I am stuck with a $500 paper weight... Can anyone find this part anywhere? It's part number 5724. I am willing to buy a less reliable source now, where as before I wasn't...

SJS, I checked there, but I guess in the 20+ days after your post they don't have it anymore. I didn't follow through because I had it on back order with A Main and was just going to wait, but now that won't even work...

RC Racer
    Type TRA5724R in eBay. Let me know what you find. I found one or three actually from one seller on eBay. I believe this is what you're looking for.

Yup, 3 still available and showing available through Horizon Hobby's regular store too.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Guess I found the impossible. No thanks needed.
    Ahhhhh time to buy a couple he he he he

Or three? Muah hahaa.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =