Hybrid View

RC poster

Have an iPad, but no iphone or ipod touch? Check inside.

So I bought an extension cable only for it not to work. Appears those are verify finicky even for the expensive versions (~$30).

I was just about to pluck $100 down for a used ipod touch when I got to thinking. The only thing preventing the ipad from plugging in are those fingers that hold the iphone/touch in place. If I can remove those, I can dock the ipad. So that's what I did. Simple. Just have to remove about 6 screws from the bottom and wiggle the finger holder out the bottom.

Works perfectly. Now to unlock this bad boy.

RC Qualifier
    Isn't it so heavy you can't hold it? It seems like if you dock an iPad up to it it's too heavy... IMHO just buy a used iPod...
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC poster
    LOL at people thinking I'm going to be holding this while driving the car. This setup is purely done to unlock it. I've already put the controller back together after of course verifying it was unlocked, telemetry said 120mph for the quick full throttle blast I did.

RC Qualifier
    I saw a guy do that on you tube 4 or 5 months ago. Does seem kinda over kill, whatever works.

RC Qualifier
    Squirrel from TheToyz on YouTube did the exact same thing on the xo1 they tested
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Qualifier
    man dunno bout yall but I would run it like that lol
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC poster
    Yeah, she's unlocked now.

Got airborn and smacked the curb. Broke two flaps that hold on the front air splitter and scrapped up the body. Otherwise fine.