RC Qualifier

Wink Unleash my Big Block

Old dog new game. My last truck was a hawk2, now I have a merv n my son a summit. I did the BB thing and don't seemed to have nearly the power I thought I would. Advice on gears would be great a long with a general tire size. It was screaming on 3s stock but to much heat. I have a sonic 6.5 and am currently geared 23/50 with 1/16 summit tires did some running this evening and had temps of like 120 at most I put on 3.4 anacondas and it seems faster. But shouldn't the taller summit tire make it go faster? Final question why can't I run 3s through my 6.5t sonic. I can't find any of the normal specs you guys talk about anywhere but I like to go to store not online so I got what my lhs stocks.
    Thanks in advance and a special thanks to Jimmie and fifty and a bunch of you others I have had this thing like three months after a ten year break from a hobby I never really got into n this is where it's gone. Reedy6.5 on a tebol w/MMP N HT85 RMPx4 hr bulkheads n center w diff n all the suspension hop ups, traxxas of course.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its a 5480kv and Max rpm is only 40552 with 445 Watts. 3 cell would definitely over rev it. You would still need to run parallel. What batteries are you running?

RC Qualifier
    That's awesome thanks for the quick response I couldn't have asked for a better person. Batteries are 1800 45c 2s Orion. I can't believe you have those specs so easy I've spent hours looking for them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...ison-chart.pdf
    it would have more hit without the center diff
    gearing seems low i am running 27/45 with my summit tires .
    batteries seem fine are they fairly new?
    Last edited by 50togo; 08-01-2012 at 10:23 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah n always parallel. Have yet to tune motor or esc yet. Btw I drive an 04 350z with HKS Rotex pushing 429 ttw so I understand your passion for speed but that stang sounds KRAY Z

Ah that makes a lot more sense I use to have a yoga w/ 35 inch swampers I remember the crazy gearing on that. I'll be sure to check on the temps as I go. Bats are only a month newer than truck. I suppose I'll have to save the threes until I put the 3500 in my boys truck w/MMP
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-02-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: post merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nice always liked the z i have a 2002 s2000 bought new in 01 love that 9000rpm!
    i would play with the gearing specs don't look too bad but my small block on 3 cell pulled over 900 watts today.
    that 3500 has some power pretty heavy though
    Last edited by 50togo; 08-01-2012 at 10:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks 50 I appreciate it I'll do just that and pull this thread as needed for more advice as the trials go.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds good. Glad to help!

RC Qualifier
    28/50 ,summit tires ,1800/40c 2s Orion parallel, 6.5 sonic, MMP, run time 45+\-min mostly speed runs with a buddies 3.3 Jato, max temp on motor 132f , esc 118f. These are my stats will post more so feel free to follow thread. A lot of people ask what to run so as this progresses feel free to check back. Hopefully this will help some of you that just want the easy answer of what works. Look for the set up and if all looks well, try it on your rig. Just remember to only change one variable of your experiment at a time.

RC Qualifier
    Broke my own rule n changed two variables but here they are. New gearing 31/55 1800/45c 2s parallel stock summit1/16 wheels n tires. 5470kv sonic 6.5t sensored temps of 150f motor 128f esc full 45m+- run time ambient temp 94f