I'm starting to see a few frustrations so I thought It would help to see a post with a couple step by step instructions. If you do not plan on using the traxxas link app to control the DTS-1 you do not need to do any of the below steps. You can use the DTS as is out of the box.

1.) Install AA batteries into the stage and finish unit.

2.) Update your DTS-1.
A.) Bind your transmitter to your stage unit. Hold the set button on the transmitter. While holding the set button power the transmitter on then release the set button. Hold the set/center button of the stage unit. While holding the set/center button, power on the stage unit then release the set button. you should now see a green blinking light every four secconds on the stage unit.
B.) Dock your i device to your transmitter and open the Traxxas link App. If you have not downloaded the Traxxas link app to your device you can do so on the iTunes store at no charge.
C.) Follow the prompts on the App.
D.) After the update is complete power off the transmitter and the stage unit.
E.) Bind your transmitter to your finish unit. Hold the set button on the transmitter. While holding the set button power the transmitter on, then release the set button. Hold the set button on the finish unit. While holding the set button, power on the finish unit then release the set button. You should now see a green blinking light every four secconds on the finish unit.
B.) Dock your i device to your transmitter and open the Traxxas link App.
C.) Follow the prompts on the App.
D.) After the update is complete power off the transmitter and the finish unit.

3.) Power on both the stage and finish unit and confirm that they are linked to each other. To confirm this the stage and finish blink green every 4 secconds. If this is the case you can skip to step 4. If both of the units are showing a rotation of four blinking lights in a clockwise pattern you will need to bind the stage unit to the finish unit. Follow step (3A)

3A) To Bind the stage unit to the finish unit start by holding the set button (center button) on the stage unit. Power on the stage unit while holding the set button. After the unit is powered on release the set button. Follow the same procedure with the finish unit. The stage unit and finish unit should now be blinking green once every 4 secconds. If this is not the case i suggest to call Traxxas Support.

4.) Power off the Stage and Finish unit.

5.) Start by holding the set/center button on the stage unit. Power on the stage unit while holding down the set/center button. This will put the stage unit into bind mode.

6.) Using the TX (transmitter) that you wish to control the DTS-1 with, hold the set button down located on the top of the remote. Power on the transmitter while holding the set button. After the TX is turned on release the set button. You should now have a green light on the TX and a blinking green light every 4 secconds on the stage unit.

7.) With the Stage and TX sitting idle. Hold the set/center button down on the stage unit for 2 secconds. The stage unit will beep twice.

8.) Power on the Finish unit.

9.) If you are going to control your Vehicle and the DTS-1 with the same transmitter you will need to go through the connect screen located in the garage.

10.) Tap the button that says Set TQI Transmitter to Link mode. Then simply turn on your vehicle.

If for some unforeseen reason the transmiter loses link with the DTS-1 you do not need to start over. Go to the connect screen and tap the button that says "Set TQI Transmitter to Link mode". Then hold the set/center button down on the stage unit for two secconds.

If any of this does not make sense please contact traxxas support at 1-888-Traxxas.