Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Is UE still open?

Nice truck, I love E-Maxxs I cant wait to get my build started. I am still waiting on my 3908 roller. What motor are you running and what spur/pinion combo? I will be running the castle 1717 motor and want to gear it for roughly 30-35mph on 4s. Does it still pull the front up no problem?

The biggest pinon my LHS has in stock is a 23T so I will pick that up just to get the truck going for now and I think the stock spur is 65T.
    Last edited by Brokenparts; 10-09-2012 at 07:26 PM.

RC Champion
    Yes they are still opened but not producing parts anymore. I believe he is just selling off inventory now.

Thanks! I'm running the Mamba Monster with 1515 motor. I have RR 60t hardened spur and RR 24t extra hard pinion. It will flip upside down in a heartbeat on 4s. That 1717 is BIG motor! On my other emaxx with stock diffs, I clocked it at 35mph with the same setup.

I hope you do a build up thread on here!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Champion
    I have also received 4 GensAce 50c 5000mah 2s batteries and 4 GensAce 40 5000mah 3s batteries that I look forward to trying out when I get off work on the boat tomorrow!

RC Racer
    My build thread is right below this thread I am thinking I will want a 26T before its all said and done. How are the temps on your motor/esc? I am assuming it would be pretty cool.

RC Champion
    I checked the heat after running 6s and both were below 130. I'm not even worried about the temp on 4s lol

RC poster
    I have a lot of FLM on my Maxx and Iv got 2 issues. First this truck got heavy fast and I bought 2 Gens Ace 5000/3s lipos and the truck just sags way to much. Under hard acceleration it almost bottoms out the rear suspension and then the shocks msever return to the normal ride height. Iv experimented with different shock oils and springs and its still an issue. Are UE shocks still available does anyone know?? And are they considerably stiffer then the Big Bores??

Also iv noticed the truck is louder then before like the high pitched sound of the motor and gears all turning. Has anyone who runs the FLM ultimate hybrid bulks noticed this? I wonder if I got everything greesed right.

RC poster
    I have a lot of FLM on my Maxx and Iv got 2 issues. First this truck got heavy fast and I bought 2 Gens Ace 5000/3s lipos and the truck just sags way to much. Under hard acceleration it almost bottoms out the rear suspension and then the shocks msever return to the normal ride height. Iv experimented with different shock oils and springs and its still an issue. Are UE shocks still available does anyone know?? And are they considerably stiffer then the Big Bores??

Also iv noticed the truck is louder then before like the high pitched sound of the motor and gears all turning. Has anyone who runs the FLM ultimate hybrid bulks noticed this? I wonder if I got everything greesed right.

RC Champion
    Yes, UE shocks are still available. I recently ordered two sets. They do come with different springs to tune with.
    I'm not sure about the noise you're hearing

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RC poster
    How do you like the UE shocks. I noticed on your original post you had the Big Bores. I always heard such good things about big bores so I thought buying them was a no brainer...man I'm just disappointed. I know I went with some heavy batteries but even when I throw in some Traxxas 4s/4000 mah its still sagging and riding lower then I want. UE shocks are high $$ so I just want to hear some good things before I buy.

Or let me throw this out there see what people think....I have RPM towers and they only have one shock mounting position. If I went with an FLM or UE tower that has 20 diff shock positions do you think that would solve the problem...maybe a lower mounting position?? Two shock towers is only $50-60

RC Champion
    I have only received the ue shocks in the mail. I will be installing them next week. I'm not impressed with the big bores at all. The ue knucklehead shock towers are 35 for two I believe and they are 7075.

RC poster
    Nice..I didn't know the UE towers were that cheap. I'm gonna get a set I think having the options for shock position will help a lot. Post some feedback on those shocks after you beat on them I'd be interested in your opinion since I have a lot of the same parts you have.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I have only received the ue shocks in the mail. I will be installing them next week. I'm not impressed with the big bores at all. The ue knucklehead shock towers are 35 for two I believe and they are 7075.
    Let us know how they work out for you mate...what didyou not like about the big bore shocks??
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    They are small and have weak shock ends. I've had a few ends break on me. I made a lot of progress on the truck this week. I added the UE widetrack suspension, supershocks, a wing, and a Proline MBX6t body. I redid the cabling and added a fan for the motor as well. I picked up these rubber rings from mcmaster carr and they have eliminated ballooning on the trencher x tires! I found some extended 17mm adapters from an RC8 truggy and am now running them. I took my diffs apart and found that I had teeth chewed on both so I replaced them with vorza diffs. I have received 4 gens ace 50c 5000mah 2s and 4 40c 5000mah 3s batteries. I just ordered the unlimited engineering monoblock chassis extension. I think that will give it jut what it needs to pull off the body better. I'd really like to do an RC Monster universal center diff and slipperential...the build never stops!

RC Champion
    finished for now!

That is one evil looking monster E-MAXX dude ..peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    That is so impressive! Wow.

That thing looks angry just sitting still, gonna make the RC's you run with run away from it!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    DAAAAYUUUUUM..... Thats epic.... Congrats on the build man... as mentioned above, even sitting still that thing looks like its doing 50mph!! Sick work bro!

RC Champion
    That thing looks awsome! Like a stealth maxx. Very cool. Low and mean. I like it! Nice job. Great idea with the orings on the tires. Keep up the good work.

RC Racer
    I wonder what those tires will look like at 50mph

RC Qualifier
    Those shocks look gear, I wish the trx BB where threaded, was the vorza diff a direct drop in? i've seen lots of people using vorza parts I may end up buying one, but I love the monster trucks and long travel way more, Great Build!! I found that I get longer run times with 5s over 4s and a nice small jump in power.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    That is one evil looking monster E-MAXX dude ..peace
    Thanks! I wasn't even planning on getting another body but I'm glad I got this one!

Quote Originally Posted by c0nr4d View Post
    That is so impressive! Wow.
    THanks, this is definitely my favorite rc!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    That thing looks angry just sitting still, gonna make the RC's you run with run away from it!
    my grandma said it looks like a monster lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    DAAAAYUUUUUM..... Thats epic.... Congrats on the build man... as mentioned above, even sitting still that thing looks like its doing 50mph!! Sick work bro!
    Thanks! It looks even better when it takes off and the front comes up with the rear squatting! I love it

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    That thing looks awsome! Like a stealth maxx. Very cool. Low and mean. I like it! Nice job. Great idea with the orings on the tires. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks! I got the idea from someone else's post and it sure works well!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Those shocks look gear, I wish the trx BB where threaded, was the vorza diff a direct drop in? i've seen lots of people using vorza parts I may end up buying one, but I love the monster trucks and long travel way more, Great Build!! I found that I get longer run times with 5s over 4s and a nice small jump in power.
    Yeah the vorza diffs dropped right into the hybrid bulkheads. No shims required. I have a vorza and its pretty awesome. I use vorza shocks on my short course trucks and they are great. Its eisier to have backup diffs when i have two vehicles running them. I have a couple 40c 4000mah sky 5s batteries. I guess i could try them out in parallel. I would have more than enough amps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenparts View Post
    I wonder what those tires will look like at 50mph
    They don't balloon at all! I'll try to get a vid tomorrow

RC poster
    NO WAY. Is that seriously the UE shock side by side with a Big Bore??? That is insane...I can't believe they are that much bigger. If it is I'm ordering them. Where did you get those bands that go around the tire to stop the ballooning?? That is brilliant. I have tried several tires and they all balloon bad especially on 6s.

RC Qualifier
    I got 2s and 3s in series, both are 5000mah 35-70c exact same batteries. and it works great, I have 3 pairs of them and i've been using 5s for over a month now and its been awesome, I use to use mostly 4s and only 6s in big areas or if i needed speed, 5s seems to be perfect, my 6s i busted diffs even twist the spur gear from the slipper.

Have you ever figured out how many amps the emaxx pulls? I bought some 5.6 Ah 65-135C 2s packs, but it seems my 37-70c's never get hot 2 years and none have puffed even running in sand climbing hills and so on. My slash will make my 6.0Ah 25c warm a few times it looked swelled but its still ticking,

I've got longer than 30mins of sand bashing with my 5s and 2 fans running, 2 servos 20/68 gearing.

RC Racer
    I want to run aluminum bulks so bad but, I dont want to risk bending a UE arm.. decisions, decisions
    Last edited by Brokenparts; 10-19-2012 at 08:55 PM.

RC Racer
    what truck body is that? looks good

Is it a bulldog from proline?
    Last edited by Brokenparts; 10-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Those Tekno hub carriers are they plastic?

I want to run aluminum bulks so bad but, I dont want to risk bending a UE arm.. decisions, decisions
    So use some ejector pins in place of the regular steel ones, as they break instead of bending.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5283143
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    I installed Plastix Injector pins on the upper part of the bulkheads... I used the stock pins on the bottom of the bulks. There isnt much room behind the front bulk and the steering rack but it looks like the bumper mount may be able to hold it in place, not requiring something on the other side

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewvolski View Post
    NO WAY. Is that seriously the UE shock side by side with a Big Bore??? That is insane...I can't believe they are that much bigger. If it is I'm ordering them. Where did you get those bands that go around the tire to stop the ballooning?? That is brilliant. I have tried several tires and they all balloon bad especially on 6s.
    Yep the supershocks are beast! I already have a set(4) for my other emaxx and will be getting 4 more. I picked up the "Motherload" and have plenty of spare parts for awhile!
    Shocks: http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ml?id=y3eVzi9Y
    Motherload: http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ml?id=y3eVzi9Y

Oring thread that I got the idea from (they have eliminated ballooning on my truck): http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...our-tires.html

I got 2s and 3s in series, both are 5000mah 35-70c exact same batteries. and it works great, I have 3 pairs of them and i've been using 5s for over a month now and its been awesome, I use to use mostly 4s and only 6s in big areas or if i needed speed, 5s seems to be perfect, my 6s i busted diffs even twist the spur gear from the slipper.

Have you ever figured out how many amps the emaxx pulls? I bought some 5.6 Ah 65-135C 2s packs, but it seems my 37-70c's never get hot 2 years and none have puffed even running in sand climbing hills and so on. My slash will make my 6.0Ah 25c warm a few times it looked swelled but its still ticking,

I've got longer than 30mins of sand bashing with my 5s and 2 fans running, 2 servos 20/68 gearing.
    I'm thinking that 5s will be the sweet spot too. Sometimes 4s seems to little but 6s is overkill IMO. I have 4 5s 40c 4400mah sky lipo's for my vorza that I need to try. If I have a 50c 5000mah 2s and a 40c 5000mah 3s could I use those in parallel or do the c ratings need to be the same? If I had a 2s on one side and 3s on the other I would get the FLM motor mount and put the 2s on the side with the motor. I've had 25c spc lipos baloon on my slash 4x4
    I haven't gotten into the electrical systems of rc's enough to figure out the technical details yet.

what truck body is that? looks good

Is it a bulldog from proline?
    Thanks I love it! It is a Proline bulldog for an mbx6t

Those Tekno hub carriers are they plastic?
    They are plastic but I am not worried in the least about breaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    So use some ejector pins in place of the regular steel ones, as they break instead of bending.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5283143
    I installed Plastix Injector pins on the upper part of the bulkheads... I used the stock pins on the bottom of the bulks. There isnt much room behind the front bulk and the steering rack but it looks like the bumper mount may be able to hold it in place, not requiring something on the other side
    ejector pins will be my next mod

RC Champion
    I ordered the monoblock chassis extension and it came in the same week. It's a pretty nice piece cut out of a block of 7075 aluminum. I'm trying to find a rear dogbone that will work. I measure 135mm from the middle of the drive cups. I ordered the first 135mm dogbone I came across on ebay for a redcat but it seems like its for a bigger scale vehicle. I came across the Hot Boddies d8t rear dogbone and it's 131mm. I ordered one on ebay so I will be trying that out soon. I'm offshore working till the 21st of November so I'll have to wait till then to try it out.

Last edited by SLW-SVT; 11-04-2012 at 09:28 PM.

RC Champion
    I de annodized the traxxas toe rods and ordered a set of springs from ue so that I can have white front and back.

RC Enthusiast
    That's one good lookin' maxx!...I'm trying to get a similar build going myself, what battery hold-downs are you using???
    CARBON FIBER G2, ALUMINUM G2, FLM E MAXX, ERBE

RC Champion
    Thanks! those are the ones that came with the lcg chassis. I'll probably pick up some battery trays from rc monster eventually.

RC Qualifier
    I'm guessing you want aluminum?I like the rpm, they are thick with deep counter sinks.

I just put a bid on Ebay for an flm this will be my 3rd aluminum chassis Traxxas

Sent from my Galaxy Note

RC Qualifier
    Sick looking maxx! How much does the monoblock extend it by?

what is slammed to the ground in one of the pics in post 71? just can see the wheel tucked up underneath and bumper bout on the ground...

RC Champion
    No I want plastic battery trays since I'm running hard packs. I didn't know that rpm made battery trays. This is my third Traxxas with an aluminum chassis. The wife's sl4sh and mine have Shining Star Chassis's. I want to get the normal flm chassis for my other emaxx..well really I want a ue Lightning chassis but the one I just saw on eBay went for $650

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I'm trying to find a rear dogbone that will work.
    I used the UE one's (85017) which is a tad too short IMO but really sturdy. I had also bought the O'Donnell center dogbone (ODOC1667) which is a tad longer and lighter (and maybe more fragile). I've never tested it because I didn't use the Monoblock a long time.

Unfortunately I can't give you the length of these dogbones (they're not at home).

And you have a great looking maxx congrats ! Love the body

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx View Post
    I used the UE one's (85017) which is a tad too short IMO but really sturdy. I had also bought the O'Donnell center dogbone (ODOC1667) which is a tad longer and lighter (and maybe more fragile). I've never tested it because I didn't use the Monoblock a long time.

Unfortunately I can't give you the length of these dogbones (they're not at home).

And you have a great looking maxx congrats ! Love the body
    Thanks for the info! I can't find the o'donnel dogbone for sell but the specs show that it is 142mm. A quick search of 142mm on ebay revealed that hpi makes a 142mm dogbone and it's really cheap! How much to short was the ue bone?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-Raci...item43af5e34fc

Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Sick looking maxx! How much does the monoblock extend it by?

what is slammed to the ground in one of the pics in post 71? just can see the wheel tucked up underneath and bumper bout on the ground...
    Thanks! I'm not sure offhand. The UE site doesn't have it's dimensions and I'm offshore working now so I cant measure it. That's my daily driver sitting on the frame there. It's a 2011 F150 King Ranch.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the info! I can't find the o'donnel dogbone for sell but the specs show that it is 142mm. A quick search of 142mm on ebay revealed that hpi makes a 142mm dogbone and it's really cheap! How much to short was the ue bone?
    HPI make high quality parts, nice find.
    With one or two rubber o-rings (HPI 6819) per cup joints it fits well.