Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Nice find, what did it cost to anodize the chassis

Sent from my Galaxy Note

RC Qualifier
    very nice build. good looking truck.
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    Thanks! How do you like the 3800 in the merv? I bet it's ridiculous! I'm about to put a 7700 in mine.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    the merv is a rocket! got pics in the merv picture gallery.
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx View Post
    HPI make high quality parts, nice find.
    With one or two rubber o-rings (HPI 6819) per cup joints it fits well.

right on thanks! Let's see some more pics of your anodized chassis

RC Champion
    Well the 142mm dogbone was too long and I noticed that my chassis is cracked below the spur gear guess I'll send it off to FLM for warranty

RC Qualifier
    I don't like seeing that, I ordered a FLM not long ago.

RC Competitor
    I read about another guy cracking his chassis at the same location. I think FLM had taken note of it and was going to look into beefing up the area? At any rate, I ordered one recently, hoping its the improved version (if there is one).
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade

RC Champion
    I still haven't taken this thing apart to send it in. When I was home from work last I started working on my Christmas present..It's what I call my "Emaxx preservation mod". I'm converting my Vorza to a D8t using the tekno conversion chassis! The emaxx is officially a shelf queen now. I will drive it around but probably no bashing with it.

Here's the vorza..The diffs were stolen and put in the Emaxx

The parts and the Tekno chassis put together

I work in the living room lol. I want to get a nice desk to replace the pop table. I got this rc stand for Christmas. My wife found it on ebay and ordered it for me!

Anyways, I still haven't found a rear drive shaft that will fit with the monoblock...I haven't really tried too hard either though. It'll probably be next year before the Emaxx gets any more love. I would like to put a center diff in it and get rid of the tranny. That's the only modification I have planned for it.

Why not use a UE or RCMonster style cup & cut some of the output shaft off to gain the need room for the dog bone?
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    wow, great idea! which bore do I need? I'm offshore working right now so I can't measure it myself.
    http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...RCM8mmdrivecup

6mm, you just need to extend the flat areas on the shaft to give the cup's set screws a nice area to grab onto.

That's the nice part about having 2 set screws to secure the cup instead of the single pin style.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    update: I didn't spend much time with the EMaxx when I was off for the holidays. I did decide that I don't like the look of the batteries hanging below the body. I will be switching to the regular flm chassis in the near future . I did run through 4 2s packs with no breakages! Even with the chassis broken below the spur gear, I can't see that it's messing anything while driving. I took the monoblock off and won't be using it on this truck most likely. I'm going for a classic emaxx look now that I have an actual truggy. The more I look at the TBone bumpers the more I think they look funny, they do provide great protection though. I also switched to the red UE springs and knucklehead towers. Anyways, here is it's current state:

you can see how I mounted the antenna to the rx box

added aluminum front/rear bumpers and front/rear body mount braces

I'm not a fan of the tbone bumpers or the lcg chassis

Looks good, I'm with you on the looks of the T bone bumper but it does look like it give the front end a lot of protection.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    I guess its function/form.

In case anybody is interested here's my Truggy.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Dang dude you do some awesome builds. I sware we are going to have to get together one of these days and hang out. Definitely bash our rides. Seems we both have the same taste in RC's too.

BTW. I took the EMBE out for a run during the christmas holidays and blew the MMM. I still can't figure out what happend if it shorted or what. Wasnt a nice site to see fire under the hood. Ran to the truck with my head down and yanked the top and the Speed Control was smelted. Lost 2 Lipo's too. As the connectors desoldered.....Ticked me offf. Anyways i'm sending that and a MMP into Castle for replacement. Maybe i'll be lucky and get the new version of the Mamba Monster.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I like it! Nice job. If your interested, Heres a couple pics of my road maxx with new tires and wheels with polished rings and bumpers.

Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 01-14-2013 at 06:43 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Dang dude you do some awesome builds. I sware we are going to have to get together one of these days and hang out. Definitely bash our rides. Seems we both have the same taste in RC's too.

BTW. I took the EMBE out for a run during the christmas holidays and blew the MMM. I still can't figure out what happend if it shorted or what. Wasnt a nice site to see fire under the hood. Ran to the truck with my head down and yanked the top and the Speed Control was smelted. Lost 2 Lipo's too. As the connectors desoldered.....Ticked me offf. Anyways i'm sending that and a MMP into Castle for replacement. Maybe i'll be lucky and get the new version of the Mamba Monster.
    Thanks man! I'm working 21/21 this year as apposed 28/14 last year so I'll have a lot more time off. We'll definitely have to meet up and bash!

What a bummer about losing the esc and lipos. Hopefully they hook you up!

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    I like it! Nice job. If your interested, Heres a couple pics of my road maxx with new tires and wheels with polished rings and bumpers.

I've been impressed with your build from the get go! In fact seeing yours made me want to switch to the normal flm chassis. It's a beautiful truck!

RC Qualifier
    I thought it looked good with the mono block extension and the t bone bumpers! Looks good either way

RC Champion

RC Champion
    I got in contact with Fast LAne Machine and they are going to give me a new lcg chassis for $12

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    Do your bottom UE arms have one side milled out?
    If they do I recommend flipping the over.
    You can also us a bit of sheet poly/lexan & a heat gun to make covers to go over the the bottom of the lower arms to help keep them from getting banged up if your running in a rocky type terrain.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    Do your bottom UE arms have one side milled out?
    If they do I recommend flipping the over.
    You can also us a bit of sheet poly/lexan & a heat gun to make covers to go over the the bottom of the lower arms to help keep them from getting banged up if your running in a rocky type terrain.
    They are milled out on the other side. So both arms need to be flipped?

The bottom is the one that really needs flipped, you can flip the top ones too if you want, but the tops don't really have to be unless you were using the UE limit straps which sit over the middle bump on the top arm.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    so the milled part goes on the bottom? Looking at these other arms of mine(older EXT15) it appears that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    so the milled part goes on the bottom? Looking at these other arms of mine(older EXT15) it appears that way.
    Yes on the bottoms, the "Lower arms must have the cutout facing down", "the upper arm may have the cutout facing up or down – it does not matter – your choice", from the UE instructions.

I plan on making some Lexan arm shields from some sheet I got from my not so LHS to keep the bottom of the lower arms from getting torn up.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    The High Voltage Lightning chassis has shipped!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not impressed with the design, the batts trays are horrible poorly designed they don't flow with the chassis. Also the price is ridiculously expensive $500 for a bare chassis
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 06-27-2013 at 03:08 PM.

RC Champion
    slw-svt, Where can I get some of those limit straps??

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    Not impressed with the design, the batts trays are horrible poorly designed they don't flow with the chassis. Also the price is ridiculously expensive $500 for a bare chassis
    That's okay, I've become a a big fan of UE since I built this truck and I'll buy anything and everything UE

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    slw-svt, Where can I get some of those limit straps??
    I think someone on the UE forum made them

RC Racer
    The limiters were made by Strobe, they were called Strobe limiters. Same person/company made the Storbe slippers and sprongs and the Strobe braces.

RC Champion
    Thanks guys, I guess I will have to make some.

RC Racer
    There has been talk of Strobe and UE producing the limiters again, but that has yet to be seen.
    Here is a pic of my collection of limiter pieces which I think includes all of the pieces that were available for different setups.

As you can see there were a lot of options. But here is a close up of what I believe to be the most common setup and pieces

I actually have just started a project for a friend this past week of making a set of these. They aren't too difficult to make if you have access to a manual lathe that has a collet chuck, or CNC equipment.

You can also get this colored cable through McMaster Carr for straps

It looks great I think if the silver isn't the look your after

RC Champion
    Nice work! What size and type of cable are you using?? I was thinking of using some 1/16" SS 7x7 wire rope?

RC Racer
    Thanks, the red and black wire is something I have seen another guy use.
    Here is the specs he listed on it and what I think is the McMaster Carr part #

Black Commercial Grade Nylon-coated Wire Rope, Galv, 7x7,3/64"-1/16",270# Break Strg (8923T103)

Red Commercial Grade Nylon-coated Wire Rope, Galv,7x7, 3/64"-1/16",270# Break Strg (8923T601)

RC Champion
    Thanks blazers, I guess I was thinking about the same. The stainless steel 7x7 1/16" has a breaking strength 480#. Probably a little overklill. I got 50 feet for ten bucks so ill see how it feels when it gets here. Hopefully nice and flexible. If not to my liking ill get some of the smaller coated stuff you show above. The red looks good. Getting ready to take my basher rig out in the backyard as soon as it cools off.
    Im almost hoping something breaks so I can start the rebuild with all the parts ive been collecting and modifying. Thanks for the info. Since you guys like the ue stuff like me you probably seen this.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/UE-Supermaxx...item257f928da9
    Tempting to bid.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 06-29-2013 at 04:57 PM.

RC Champion
    Hey guys I have a ? Whats the difference between these two ue arms? ue #10111 racerx lower front and this ue #13111 supermaxx ext lower arm? They look the same? And are these better UE #10109 racerx high impact lower arms. Thinking of getting a set someday but not shore witch ones to get and if you can still get the uppers to match?

RC Racer
    The 2 arms pictured are both the same. To my knowledge though, the one pictured is a racer X front lower. Just before the 4 holes for the shock mount there is a notch in the arm all the way up to end of the arm at the hinge pin. The ext arm was just flat and didn't have the notch. Now at the end of UE's run making parts different parts were getting mixed into kits to make them complete. Example: The racer X front knuckle is identical to the ext front knuckle except the racer X has 5 mount holes for the tie rod, where the ext has 4 holes. But at the end of production the ext knuckles were being sent in Racer X kits just to fill orders when the racer knuckles were sod out in reality. This is just what I have heard, not my experience. As far as which is better I think might be personal preference. The hi- impact is suppose to be lighter but just as strong.

RC Champion
    Wheelman on the ue forum modified one of my monoblocks so that two can be used together. you can look at how the second one looks to see what had to be removed.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what dogbone would you be using ?, can you put one monoblock at rear, and one at front ?