RC poster

So how does the car act if its not unlocked?

I bought mine used and don't know much of its history. It has the 34t pinion installed and appears to be going faster than 50mph. I don't have an itouch or iphone, but I do have an ipad and ordered an extension cable which should be here by next week. In the mean time I'm trying to figure out if this car is unlocked.

So when I'm maxing out, the car acts like its hitting a rev limiter. I can hear it going then stopping then going when its topping out. I'm hoping that is a sign of being locked and not a indicator of another problem.

Thank you.

RC Qualifier
    its a good possibility its locked if its cutting out like a governer with the 34 tooth pinion
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    I bought a unlocked ESC once that did the same thing. I had to hook the ESC up to Castle Link through the computer. Then I had to disable Castle Link Live. That solved that problem !!

RC poster
    Hmm. I'll give that a try. I put my GPS on it and the car is doing 60.6mph.

RC poster
    Crap, didn't work. Took it out real quick this morning and hit 59.5mph. Is it possible its still locked even though its going over 50mph? Its definitely cutting power once it hits ~60mph.

RC poster
    Update. My car was locked the whole time. Shocker. I'm surprised it got up to 60mph.