Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    i would say proline trenchers would probably be the best all around for you
    YES. Awesome tires them trenchers.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Tapatalk 2.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Uh oh ...

I just put back together my slash and when I use the controller to turn right it turns left and vice versa
    If its an am trx radio, there will be a servo reversing switch, and a link system will require using the menu tree to reverse the steering servo...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    If its an am trx radio, there will be a servo reversing switch, and a link system will require using the menu tree to reverse the steering servo...
    Thank rag and it's the tq 2.4 ghz so it not am I shall see
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    The owners manual shows you the menu tree.

RC Qualifier
    Thank rag and it's the tq 2.4 ghz so it not am I shall see
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...24GHz-INST.pdf

Page 4 (last page) is the menu tree
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

Quote Originally Posted by DBG View Post
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...24GHz-INST.pdf

Page 4 (last page) is the menu tree
    I already had it. Lol when rag said you could reverse it I tryed restoring defaults as I don't like using the tree as its a tad bit confusing but it took like an hour lol because when I restored it it didn't do anything but now it's fine. I put preload spacer in my shocks and mounted them at the inner point so it looked like mt for now... I added so much preload that it doesn't sag the only way I could get it higher is if I used the protrac kit. But yeah all is fixed... I somehow broke a rear carrier while taking out the bearings the other day dunno how that happens

RC Qualifier
    Lol ur trucks is prob gona ride like a brick now... Lol if you hit a jump it will prob just bounce when u hit the ground. It would look cool with mt stance though. You should post pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceroad2 View Post
    Lol ur trucks is prob gona ride like a brick now... Lol if you hit a jump it will prob just bounce when u hit the ground. It would look cool with mt stance though. You should post pics!!
    Tommorow night I will. I'm pretty busy... Lol but yeah I will. And yes it is rock solid.. Just how I like it

RC Qualifier
    Ok awesome!

Kvd, how bout some more pics???
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Kvd, how bout some more pics???
    there coming in like 10 minutes... just took it out and bashed it and jumped it then did some rock climbing.... worked great except for the cogging but that will be fixed note these upcoming pictures will be my mt set up as thiss is how im runningit for awile. im sposed to go to the lhs this august but idk when

here it is...
    burnout....

heres it jacked up

RC Qualifier
    Nice pics!!!!
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

ride height...

as you can see i installed many preload spacers

Nice pics!!!!
    I'm gonna get some new tires and rims soon... It will look great ^^ lol the picture showing the rear shock looks like the shaft is bent. Gonna look tommorow as I get the day off work to go and wash the calves.. But the morning is free time

RC Qualifier
    Awesome pics! Lol that is just great!

Managed to pop some wheelies but only 2... Gonna get more by lowering the rear height but keeping front the same and preload spacers the same.

Nice pics. Did you jack up the truck for looks, or for performance?

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Nice pics. Did you jack up the truck for looks, or for performance?
    Looks... And stuff ... The truck flips easily but somehow handle amazing on gravel but asphalt is the only time it flips. I want wheelies until I get lipos for the truck to go 75mph then I'll lower it again

okay gonna go to one of the lhs/tracks with my best friend. i really got him into it at our big race and he has only had his for a couple months and has lipo batterys and the viper brushless system and a new body. im feeling like im falling behind at this point so im gonna get a proline ford flo-tek body and some proline calibers with m2/medium foams pre glued on renegade black wheels.
    these wheels willl be used on a carpet track. good/bad?

RC Qualifier
    Not ford! Lol I'm a dodge fan so that's why I say that! Although my uncle does own a ford raptor.... Anywas you should get a 2s and 3s lipo! I am planning on getting the onyx 235 with a venom 3s lipo and 2s lipo both around 5000 mah.. Also I am gona add a charge bag to that, I will order this from tower hobbies I think.

i have a 2s onyx 5000mah lipo never used others but it seems to give me decent run time i think. and its a hard case and not soft.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

What the best charger out there ? Hitec x4 , EZ peak plus, Hyperion 720i ....

RC Qualifier
    What the best charger out there ? Hitec x4 , EZ peak plus, Hyperion 720i ....
    My suggestion is the traxxas charger (my future charger )because the warranty
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    Hey kdvanb, are you going to get those g-locs? Im debating on them or 17mm adapters. The width of a 2wd slash is a little more narrow up front then rear, so traxxas makes up the difference with the front offsets (the hexes sit more shallow in the front wheels compared to rear which make the width the same front to rear). So with the 17mm adapters A for 2wd, the front adapters are longer than rear. That way you can rotate tires from rear to front as the wear. Im building a gt on road car, and was trying to find out how wide the g-locs would make it (using 2 front offsets and 2 rear offsets so they are the same width front to back). Im trying to make the tires flush with the body.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    Hey kdvanb, are you going to get those g-locs? Im debating on them or 17mm adapters. The width of a 2wd slash is a little more narrow up front then rear, so traxxas makes up the difference with the front offsets (the hexes sit more shallow in the front wheels compared to rear which make the width the same front to rear). So with the 17mm adapters A for 2wd, the front adapters are longer than rear. That way you can rotate tires from rear to front as the wear. Im building a gt on road car, and was trying to find out how wide the g-locs would make it (using 2 front offsets and 2 rear offsets so they are the same width front to back). Im trying to make the tires flush with the body.
    Eventually but I'm looking at the proline split six bead locks so I don't have to glue them and some gladiators or calibers. I might consider them later on but I'm not getting them yet until I can't control the ballooning. Then I'd get them. Best to get g- locs and pro trac

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    Eventually but I'm looking at the proline split six bead locks so I don't have to glue them and some gladiators or calibers. I might consider them later on but I'm not getting them yet until I can't control the ballooning. Then I'd get them. Best to get g- locs and pro trac

My suggestion is the traxxas charger (my future charger )because the warranty
    I still am liking it but say you have a 6000 mah 3s battery you can only charge it at1c

RC Qualifier
    I still am liking it but say you have a 6000 mah 3s battery you can only charge it at1c
    I dont have the LiPO yet ,but i am not very worried about the charge time, because I need to wait (I am not joking) 48 hours to charge the 2x 3000mah NiMH batteries with the stock wall charger and a parallel connector, so I am not worried about it(maybe i am going to be scared because is a very fast charger ).
    I really want the traxxas charger and the lipo battery now, but I dont have the money
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

I dont have the LiPO yet ,but i am not very worried about the charge time, because I need to wait (I am not joking) 48 hours to charge the 2x 3000mah NiMH batteries with the stock wall charger and a parallel connector, so I am not worried about it(maybe i am going to be scared because is a very fast charger ).
    I really want the traxxas charger and the lipo battery now, but I dont have the money
    I have those stock chargers that come with the car and only use one...... So yeah I can relate to you. I would like a more capable charger though when at the track so I can run all day instead of 2 hours with a slow charger. Idk how long it takes the EZ peak plus but it has the least capabilities of the three chargers I like

Double post.... Again
    Last edited by kdvanb; 08-16-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Double post...

RC Qualifier
    I have those stock chargers that come with the car and only use one...... So yeah I can relate to you. I would like a more capable charger though when at the track so I can run all day instead of 2 hours with a slow charger. Idk how long it takes the EZ peak plus but it has the least capabilities of the three chargers I like
    That is why i like more the traxxas ez peak charger
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

That is why i like more the traxxas ez peak charger
    Because it has the least capabilities lol

What are the best lipo battery brands. Quality wise not price wise. I want the best battery performance wise and longitivity wise. List the top 5 brands please. Also the price if possible

What are the best lipo battery brands. Quality wise not price wise. I want the best battery performance wise and longitivity wise. List the top 5 brands please. Also the price if possible
    1. Reedy would be my #1 choice but they're pricey.
    2. SPC
    3. Venom IF you cut off the adapter and solder on a Traxxas or Deans.

That's all I have experience with that I can recommend. I've used the dreaded T batteries but I'm batting .333 with them and I won't waste any more of my money on them. I usually get yelled at by someone on the forum when I complain about them, but I bought 3 lipos and two stopped taking a charge within a few weeks. The third is still going strong. It was about a million dollars to return them for warranty so I pitched them.

To be fair, the venom lipo warranty replacement policy is pretty lame if you read the fine print. Check it out sometime and calculate the savings (not much).

The Reedy I mentioned above was bought used at least 4 years ago and it is still my #1 hard case battery... It's been amazing.
    Last edited by O.G.; 08-19-2012 at 07:55 PM.

What about gens ace? Are they good

RC Champion
    okay gonna go to one of the lhs/tracks with my best friend. i really got him into it at our big race and he has only had his for a couple months and has lipo batterys and the viper brushless system and a new body. im feeling like im falling behind at this point so im gonna get a proline ford flo-tek body and some proline calibers with m2/medium foams pre glued on renegade black wheels.
    these wheels willl be used on a carpet track. good/bad?
    I don't know if you are still looking for carpet tires, but I highly recommend panther switches. They aren't bad in price, and they work great for me. Even after the pins wear out on the tire, you can still run and they will continue performing well. I have never tried the calibers before, but I have tried bow ties and didn't go for them too much on carpet.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Well after seeing that spc is like half the price of venom I think I will get some spcs

Are spc battery's availible in Canada ?

RC Qualifier
    Well as you know I live in Canada as well and I was gona order direct from the spc site and just pay the ***** shipping.