Thread: Help!!

RC Qualifier

Help!!

My cc sidewinder SCT 1410 3800kv combo (that's a long name, lol) so any ways it's not working. Here is a video of when I power on (also I just reset it to factory settings http://youtu.be/Z6wZCStAZXU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure your esc is plugged into your receiver properly the fan is spinning to fast and that will cause it.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    I just checked, esc plugged into ch2, fan plugged into ch1 (also tried to start up with the fan unplugged but still same results.
    Also I have castle an email with the video, maybe they can help. Idk it takes a few days through email, that's why I posted it up here also.

[QUOTE=iZach98;5642285]I just checked, esc plugged into ch2, fan plugged into ch1 (also tried to start up with the fan unplugged but still same results.
    Also I have castle an email with the video, maybe they can help. Idk it takes a few days through email, that's why I posted it up here also.
    Try unplugging the esc from the receiver and replugging it, I had that exact same issue and that was it, other than that wait for castle or some one with more knowledge.

RC Qualifier
    So I let it sit for a few hours. And no more beeping. (Except for when you power on) so the esc is screwed up. Because I tested my motor on my dad's system (he has the same exact one) so the motor is good. Just gotta figure out what's up with this esc... Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post
    So I let it sit for a few hours. And no more beeping. (Except for when you power on) so the esc is screwed up. Because I tested my motor on my dad's system (he has the same exact one) so the motor is good. Just gotta figure out what's up with this esc... Ugh

Sorry to hear that, I really thought with the fan running that fast the esc to receiver connection may have been it.
    I hope you get it taken care of.
    Castle is known for great customer service.

RC Qualifier
    Would I be able to buy a different castle esc and use it with this motor? I've had maneu problems with this esc. I have already sent it back once. I don't want to do it again.

Would I be able to buy a different castle esc and use it with this motor? I've had maneu problems with this esc. I have already sent it back once. I don't want to do it again.

Absolutely, the mmp or even the mm2 if waterproof is a must.
    I've heard rummer about a wp mmp in the future but I don't know it for fact.
    There are non castle escs that will work also but I'm a big fan of castle products, just wish I knew why they dont produce sensored motors.

RC Qualifier

Help!!

So I'm no really a big fan of castle anymore. What is the next best esc out there that will work with my castle motor?
    Also WATERPROOF is totally a must for me.

I cant help much there friend as I dont run my rigs in any type of moisture, in fact none of my sidewinder s, mmp s or RX-8 s are waterproof.
    My grandsons vxl-3 is the only wp esc in are arsenal.

RC Qualifier

Help!!

Ok, thanks. One more thing, on castles website they say to clean the esc with clean water to get any dirt/mud/etc. out of it, to clean it. I'm kinda hesitant about doing this. What are your thoughts?

RC Qualifier
    Also I had the fan unplugged and just plugged it in. Now it works good in forward. But stutters in reverse still. I will take it out for a run tomorrow if she's still working. Crossing my finger in my sleep tonight. Lol

Also I had the fan unplugged and just plugged it in. Now it works good in forward. But stutters in reverse still. I will take it out for a run tomorrow if she's still working. Crossing my finger in my sleep tonight. Lol

When you plugged the fan in did you hit the esc plug at the receiver? I'm still wondering about that connection.
    Best of luck my friend.

RC Qualifier

Help!!

So now it works, kinda...
    Halfway through the pack it starts to stutter then stop, a few seconds later it will stutter then stop... It only stutter when I give it some throttle. I'm convinced that this esc has been factory screwed up. I just looked on ebay. They go for about $50 or $60 for the sidewinder 3. Which would be better? The sv3 has pics of being in water and the SCT does not, so is there a difference in water resistance? Or are they the same? Gonna call up castle tomorrow after school. Hopefully they can help. And the worst part is I can't even get my xl5 working just to get the truck back on its wheels. So looks like tomorrow will be a day full of phone calls after school, maybe traxxas will send me a new xl5. I will keep you updated...
    I've also sent both castle and traxxas emails.

RC Qualifier

Help!!

So I gave castle a call. This was really funny! They said that 23/86 was to aggressive of gearing for that monster of motor they have. So when I told them the temps they must have thought that I was insane! It usually runs at 80 deg F or less. I just thought that this was really funny!
    They think 23/86 is to tall, I should have told them that I ran 28/86! I bet the guy would have a heart attack! Lol they don't even know what people do to these systems. I have never gotten the motor over 130 deg F.

RC Champion
    Sounds like it's starving.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Qualifier
    I was only using 2s when it was under 100 F
    But the time it got to 130 I was on 3s with 28/86.
    I'm tempted to run 4s through it

RC Champion
    Something is not right. I am sure Castle will be able to help you.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Qualifier
    What was ur outside temp - when u were staying under 100 at 23/86
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    I believe it ran about 70 or 80 deg F
    I never had a heat issue with this system.