Thread: Body options

RC Qualifier

Body options

My son wants a different body for his 1/16 Summit, what options are out there, pictures would be helpful.

RC Qualifier
    You can put any 1/16th body on it with the correct body posts. Check out eBay for some ideas. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...evo+body&rt=nc

RC Enthusiast
    More info would be helpful...what style of body does he want? There are several dozen of choices available and listing them all with pictures is impractical. Google image search for 1/16th RC bodies if you need suggestions.

RC Qualifier
    Hey Jimmy, he wants something like the Rally car body.

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know if the Traxxas #7311 will fit the Summit?

RC Qualifier
    My son just saw the Parma Midnight Pumpkin Body and we are wondering if the 1/12 scale will fit his 1/16 Summit? How much work will be involved in getting it to fit? Or is there a 1/16 version of that body?

RC Qualifier
    The midnight pumpkin body is hard plastic, kinda like a model. You could probably make it fit with enough modding, but it will not hold up very long. The 7311 should fit with the body mounts from a rally. You can make alot of bodies work with some modding, I run a 72 chevy body for a stampede on mine, it is a little too long and wide, but works. The tires will rub on the sides of the body when the suspension compresses. I ordered the body for a diff truck but it would not fit, so I used on the summit. What I do is measure the length, wideth, and wheelbase, and then look through all the bodies, sometimes other manufacture's bodies will fit.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bruggar View Post
    Anyone know if the Traxxas #7311 will fit the Summit?
    The 7311 will fit as the Summit, rally, merv, mustang, slash, ken block all share the same chassis. You will need the correct body posts/bumper, but it will fit. Not sure about the midnight pumpkin though.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    The midnight pumpkin body is hard plastic, kinda like a model. You could probably make it fit with enough modding, but it will not hold up very long. The 7311 should fit with the body mounts from a rally. You can make alot of bodies work with some modding, I run a 72 chevy body for a stampede on mine, it is a little too long and wide, but works. The tires will rub on the sides of the body when the suspension compresses. I ordered the body for a diff truck but it would not fit, so I used on the summit. What I do is measure the length, wideth, and wheelbase, and then look through all the bodies, sometimes other manufacture's bodies will fit.
    This midnight pumkin body isn't hard plastic. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Parma-1-...item4cfa4ab3e9

RC Qualifier
    oh sorry, my bad. I had the midnight pumkin kit back in the day and it was hard plastic. I guess I should have looked before I spoke, sorry.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

Quote Originally Posted by Maxximum Overdive View Post
    This midnight pumkin body isn't hard plastic. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Parma-1-...item4cfa4ab3e9
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    oh sorry, my bad. I had the midnight pumkin kit back in the day and it was hard plastic. I guess I should have looked before I spoke, sorry.
    Yes...the Midnight Pumpkin IS hard plastic and is molded in white. It is made by Tamiya.
    Original Body

The transparent Parma shell is made to look like the original Tamiya shell, but is molded in Lexan.

I'm glad I could clear that up.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =