Thread: Lipo charger

RC Qualifier

Lipo charger

I'm lookin to buy a lipo charger.. I want one that plugs into the wall.. Not off a battery.. wat should I get?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jfbaucom View Post
    I'm lookin to buy a lipo charger.. I want one that plugs into the wall.. Not off a battery.. wat should I get?
    Onyx, 235 i believe, does both. Charges about anything you could ever want to charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    thats like asking a kid what they want for dinner, the answer is always pizza or icecream.

There are several on the market to choose from. Traxxas has one, venom has a few, Onyx, duratrax......

I have used the Onyx 245 and it was a good enough charger but left something to be desired. I now have a Venom and aside from the customer service being out of this world, I like the features on the charger. See, my opionion.

You're going to spend around 80-90$ for a nice one. anything less will have less features.

CAUTION: some chargers do not come with the power supply! Make sure you get the one that does.

Happy hunting, thats the fun part

RC Qualifier
    Thanks much appreciated

RC poster
    I have an iMax b6 .. Plugs into wall and charges different types .. Not very pricy either

RC Competitor
    super brain charger, its programmable charges any battery made for rcs very fast and tells you how long its been charging and how many mahs its charged cost 80$
    Could you go and flip my truck back over?

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    There are some good ones out there for $80-125 & up. Spend a little more now for a quality charger, it does make a difference. These are the 2 budget friendly ones ive used: Dynamite Passport Ultra, 100W @ 8A & Racer's Edge Surecharge 2010, 100W @ 8A. I have since moved up to a Powerlab-6 with external 600W PSU @ 40A. This one will take care of all my needs for a very long time.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Hitec X4 multi-charger. Will charge 4 batteries at a time.... Lipo, nihm, life... any of them. Settings to balance, fast charge, discharge and store. It's a little on the expensive side but worth every penny when I can have 4 batteries ready to rock at any time. Also peace of mind knowing that I have a good quality product. I'm a firm believer that you always "get what you pay for"
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good