RC poster

EVX-2 red / green flashing..HELP

New to this stuff and just bought this E-Revo new. I was using a Traxxas charger for the first 4 days with no problems.
    I bought a new Onyx 240 and 2 Venom 5000 Nimh batteries from rcsuperstor.com.
    I charged both the new 5000 batteries and the 3000 batteries that came with the truck on the new Onyx charger. Th charger says they are at 10.22 volts when they are done charging. I put the new batteries with the 'full' charge in the truck. they only lasted about 3 minutes. ??
    Not sure what thats about. I charge the 3000 batteries that came with the truck on same Onyx charger. They to say 10.14 volts when charger say they are complete.
    Now the truck will not move when full charge batteries are installed. The steering turns but the throttle will do nothing. The LED flashes red/green/red/green etc.... The only way to stop the LED from flashing is to unplug the batteries.
    I took truck back to hobby store I bought it from. They hooked up a different set of batteries and it worked fine. ???
    They told me the batteries are dead. Hmmmmm ??
    I came home and check all my batteries with a volt meter. Sure enough, they all have 9.8 volts. I put them on the Onyx charger and it says they have 10.1 volts.
    I hook the truck back up to the batteries and light flashes red/green/red/green etc... again.
    So what is going on? Did the Onyx charger ruin my batteries but yet show 10+ volts?
    Any help would be thankful
    Azzy

RC poster
    found problem, Now it is fixed.
    Had to drain down the Nimh batteries till they were about dead to get under the 16.8v over protection circuit that the factory had turned on for the LiPo batteries. Once the NiMh batteries were below the combined 16.8v I could then turn on the EXV-2 and hold the button down for 10 seconds till truck beeped 3 times.
    Now everything is working great again.
    And thanks to this site for the help, http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-some-guidance
    I am sure I will be back soon.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i was going to say that your ESC is probably on lipo mode, but you got it all under control, lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC poster
    i had the same problem, thanks

RC Enthusiast
    It's amazing how an old thread, and some good searching, can fix your problems. I had the same problem today when installing an EVX2 on an electric conversion and thought that I had done something wrong. Thanks guys!!