RC Qualifier

1/8 tire choices

ordered some 17mm tekno hub per stripping 12mm wheels every time i go out. Looking track this truck for fun so im thinking buggy tires i guess. What are you guys running??

for bashing, i buy from SupraSales on ebay. here's the link:

http://stores.ebay.com/Supra-Sales/1...=p4634.c0.m322

those are great for bashing...not so much for racing. for $15 a set, you can't beat that!
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Champion
    +1 what he said

His badlands and caliber knockoffs work well

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I can add another +1 to that. I have the badlands knockoffs and they have held up really well. Like VXL said you can't beat them for $15. I picked up 2 different sets.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Rims look great anyway

Suprasales also has something they call Yoko 1/8 truggy tires that look great. I also like the Big Blocks pictured above.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Buying "knockoffs", especially in the RC world, is detrimental to the hobby, and ALL aftermarket manufacturers!

RC Racer
    I would disagree, I think it would keep the big names from charging so much! However, I would gladly buy a more expensive american product than a chinese knockoff. Before I knew any better I bought lipo alarms on eBay from hong kong and it took a month to get them. Now I will buy stuff like that from an american seller and happily pay more.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GONE ELECTRIC View Post
    Buying "knockoffs", especially in the RC world, is detrimental to the hobby, and ALL aftermarket manufacturers!
    I agree buying illegal knockoffs of anything is extremely bad. Personally I do not do business with companies who steal or impede on proprietary tech from another company. But people will do what they want. Big names are not going to keep prices down because of knockoff companies...
    Last edited by Dknuckles; 07-28-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    In this case knockoffs simply means they look similar in tread patterns

$25 a set of four delivered to me in Australia, Suprasales premounts are a no-brainer

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post
    In this case knockoffs simply means they look similar in tread patterns

$25 a set of four delivered to me in Australia, Suprasales premounts are a no-brainer

Cheers
    I get the reasoning behind the purchase, but I will never agree with cloned anything. I come up with a design, do all the R&D, all the marketing, suffer the failures until It's right, incur all the expense, just to have all my work stolen and a product put on shelves at a tenth of the cost, look exactly the same, and I'm supposed to be ok with that? Sorry, I think not.

I totally agree with ya crusey.

That might have been a wrong choice of words up there for me. They are a cheaper set of tires with a similar tread pattern.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    This is great guys but really not offering much by way of good tires to buy, just establishing that i shouldnt buy those. Any 1/8 tire suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by stickychinsac View Post
    This is great guys but really not offering much by way of good tires to buy, just establishing that i shouldnt buy those. Any 1/8 tire suggestions???
    try AKA city blocks for racing or proline badlands for bashing. they'll run you about $80 after shipping...around$70 if you buy locally. both those treads work extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by stickychinsac View Post
    I AM suggesting you buy the big blocks off eBay because they're good tires for offroad and general bashing.

Besides, 1:1 tire companies do the same thing... Build a similar tread design and put their name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I AM suggesting you buy the big blocks off eBay because they're good tires for offroad and general bashing.

Besides, 1:1 tire companies do the same thing... Build a similar tread design and put their name on it.
    i agree ..most of the supra sales tires are great for bashing. I really like the long wearing tread unlike the mainstream companies that produce similiar patterns. i can get a set of the bg blocks or mohawks to last the whole summer if i do any running on the street..i'm lucky if i get 1/2 of that with the other big 2 companies.

RC Champion
    I am going to pick up a set myself after my Duratrax Lockups wear down.

RC Enthusiast
    I ordered a set of proline badlands
    and now I see this seller you speak of.
    I probably would of still bought the badlands due to I am a firm believer in you getting what you pay for.

RC Competitor
    Wow, many clone users here, sad..

Wow, many clone users here, sad..
    If you've ever bought generic AT the supermarket, you are one too.

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    If you've ever bought generic AT the supermarket, you are one too.
    +1 for sure. Generic things can go on and on. A few sales isn't going to hurt the other good companies. I will still buy mashers and trenchers from proline etc etc.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    You cannot compare apples to oranges lol... I have some knock off tires coming for our rally and then I'm going to pick some up for the slash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    You cannot compare apples to oranges lol... I have some knock off tires coming for our rally and then I'm going to pick some up for the slash.
    LOL

For me tires are tires, none come with a warranty so buy what works for you or me. When I find out how long these last it'll depend if I'll buy again that's for sure.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    +1 on the supra sales. I searched all the majors firs and couldn't find a pre-glued tire/wheel combo even similar.
    They have held up great on my MMM 2650 with 3 and 4s lipos.
    Not really interested in the "knock off" debate. I've got plenty of cash invested in my rig and just wanted the look they offered
    Durability is great also.
    Slash 4x4
    MMM 2650
    Rustler VXL
    Emaxx

RC Competitor
    No matter how you spin it, no matter what part it is, no matter the reason for the purchase.
    The hobby suffers, maybe not this minute, but eventually, and original parts manufactures will suffer the most.

Support those that support the hobby, knockoff artists are in it solely for the quick dollar, not the long term loyal customer. Parts they have one day, may be gone the next, until their next knockoff part is on the shelves..
    Last edited by GONE ELECTRIC; 07-29-2012 at 08:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    No matter how you spin it, no matter what part it is, no matter the reason for the purchase.
    The hobby suffers, maybe not this minute, but eventually, and original parts manufactures will suffer the most.

Support those that support the hobby, knockoff artists are in it solely for the quick dollar, not the long term loyal customer. Parts they have one day, may be gone the next, until their next knockoff part is on the shelves..
    So you have never had to fix your real car and went to the parts store and purchased an aftermarket part? or you have never taken it to a mechanic? I can guarantee you that they use aftermarket parts to save money. You are in turn hurting the american car companies by purchasing parts made in mexico or china. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

RC Competitor
    Talking about RC parts, not that hard to understand is it? Buying "knockoffs" in the RC world, is detrimental to the hobby, and ALL aftermarket manufacturers! Removed the word "especially" for those that insist on spinning the issue into real cars, real trucks and so on. Point is, No matter how you spin it, no matter what part it is, no matter the reason for the purchase.
    The RC HOBBY suffers, maybe not this minute, but eventually, and original parts manufactures will suffer the most.

RC Champion
    There is a big difference between aftermarket and knock off products. You cannot compare generic food items to knock off rc parts either. You have to keep in mind that everyone has a difference in opinion. We are also a community that needs to stick together.
    Remember that Traxxas has filtered a company because of it's blatant copyright infringement of a certain product of thiers.

RC Qualifier
    Man too much politics .. Bottom line with that seller you can pick up 3 sets <12 rims and tires> for $60 shipped that means you can get 3 diff tread patterns in a 17mm 1/8 scale size thats what a set of TRX Anacondas cost me<never again> , who ever can knock these tires for their price is just too picky and prob a fan.
    I ran the mohawks on my CC2200 on 6S for days and they still have great tread about the only thing the didnt break on the truck infact they outlasted the truck. Same with their slicks on take of they stink but they got my slash over 70mph and never once crashed , somthing I cant say about my $100 set of XO1 tires .
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Alright im gonna stop checking my post now, thanks to the 5 of you who helped me out. enjoy your debate.

RC Racer
    It's actually smart business to copy a proven design. You can preach all you want, but unless the original company holds a patent, copyright, etc, not much can be done.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

RC Competitor
    Yeah that's a real smart business model..