RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke

traxxas ezzpeak plus charger

dollar for dollar how does the e-z-peak plus charger hold up against other brands? fast charge capabilities, ease of use ect...ect...???also jows the traxxas lipo chrager compare to other brands????
    Last edited by jpfarmer13; 07-27-2012 at 06:53 AM.

RC Qualifier
    It is my first charger, so can't compare to anything else. But it does what I need it to do. Also bought a 2s and 3s adapter to charge 2 lipos at once. Does 2, 5800mAh, 2s lipos, fully charged from LVC in about 80 minutes. Are the faster ones out, yes, for sure, but it's a nice charger. No issues.
    FLM EMBE, P4de "Digger", Slash MT, Rustler/P4de

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I could charge the same two from 3.3v/cell to 4.2v/cell in about 30 minutes at 1.72C or at 1C in about 50 minutes.

What charger is going to work best is something you are going to have to decide for yourself.
    The best advise I can give:

Your charge system is going to be the backbone of your electric RC hobby... treat it as such!
    RC vehicles may come and go, but your charge system will remain.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke
    for now im only gonna charge 2450mah lipo batteries i think they are boostnano's, havent ordered them yet but they have they largest mah I can find that will fit. with the traxxas charger how long will those batteries take to charge???

From 3.3v/cell to full: about 40 minutes when in parallel if the charger is set at 6 amps
    From 3.8v/cell to full: about 18 minutes when in parallel if the charger is set at 6 amps
    6 amps is a 1.22C charge rate with two 2450mAh batteries in parallel.
    Otherwise....

From 3.3v/cell to full: about 61 minutes each if the charger is set at 2 amps
    From 3.8v/cell to full: about 27 minutes each if the charger is set at 2 amps
    2 amps is just below 1C... .82C to be exact.

RC Racer
    the traxxas charger i got doesnt have a book with it so im gonna have to wing it......it has a wall plug and a dc plug....do you know what the max charge rate i can do from the wall plug????