Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 62 of 62
  1. #41
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    141
    Hey everyone,

    Well I took my Summit apart to do a full clean and lube to it, unfortunately, it ended up being apart for way longer than I hoped for as I got lazy in the process.

    Before taking it apart I had added RPM Rod Ends, Traxxas Lightweight Aluminum Turnbuckles (part # 5338R) and Traxxas Aluminum Pushrods (part # 5318X). I had stripped out 2 of the rod ends by having a bad landing from a jump, so I decided to upgrade. The shiny red rods I added for the extra bling.

    So now it is finally cleaned lubed and ready for winter, all I need now is some snow. I made some chains and bought a cover for the chassis at my LHS made by a friend of the owner.

    Tire chains took two containers of chain. The loops are 17 links long (forgot to add that # to the pic).





    Last edited by Jimmy1971; 12-05-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    419
    Fresh maintinence, chains, chassis cover...looks like you're ready to rock and roll. Bring on the white stuff!!


    Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

  3. #43
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    141
    lol, teach me to post up something quickly.

    I forgot an important picture. Here's the chain I used, it's larger than the same size they have on a roll, the links are an inch long.

    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

  4. #44
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    76
    on the wheels, can you use any wheel that accepts a 17mm hex? and are they 2.2 inch or what. thanks

  5. #45
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    141
    Well, I finally got myself a good charger to charge my Summit's batteries. Looking forward to trying it out, just need to get some Traxxas battery connectors put on the para board.

    Bye, Bye Onyx 245, hello Revolectrix PL6.

    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

  6. #46
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    Well, I finally got myself a good charger to charge my Summit's batteries. Looking forward to trying it out, just need to get some Traxxas battery connectors put on the para board.

    Bye, Bye Onyx 245, hello Revolectrix PL6.


    If you don't mind me asking what was wrong with the Onyx 245? I have been shopping for a new charger as well and have been considering buying this one.

    Thanks

  7. #47
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    141
    The things that bothered me the most was, it can't discharge, if you were charging to storage charge you need to keep a close eye on it and stop it yourself and it only has an output of (2X) 5 amps.

    It has been good to me though. I got into rc'ing just 9-10 months ago, so it was in the budget for myself considering the cost of a Summit, batteries and upgrades that I wanted to do early in the game.
    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

  8. #48
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria B.C Canada
    Posts
    4,978
    Nice setup I'm jealous....


    Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

  9. #49
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    Well, I finally got myself a good charger to charge my Summit's batteries. Looking forward to trying it out, just need to get some Traxxas battery connectors put on the para board.

    Bye, Bye Onyx 245, hello Revolectrix PL6.

    I just got the same setup (minus the power supply) to replace the same onyx

    I couldn't believe how big the para board is! And the 83 page instruction manual for the charger...will definatly be utilizing the pc interface when my USB cable gets here.


    Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

  10. #50
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    141
    I think I'm going to wait until Saturday, once I have the connectors on the board, to fire it up! I'll do the presets than and learn the pc interface.

    Reading the manual is only doing me so much good atm. I much prefer to go through the steps as I'm reading.
    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

  11. #51
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    I think I'm going to wait until Saturday, once I have the connectors on the board, to fire it up! I'll do the presets than and learn the pc interface.

    Reading the manual is only doing me so much good atm. I much prefer to go through the steps as I'm reading.
    I couldn't agree more. I haven't even turned mine on...probably should just to make sure there aren't any manf defects. I've read a little of the "book" and downloaded the pc software and looked at it but it doesn't do me much good if I can't hook the charger up


    Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

  12. #52
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    93
    hey jimmy, do you know if that Téléguidés sherbrooke place sells those sweet snow covers online anywhere? I'm in California. I guess I could make something similar but it looks so cool! Do you think if I call them they will speak English? thanks!!

  13. #53
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    Hey everyone,

    Well I took my Summit apart to do a full clean and lube to it, unfortunately, it ended up being apart for way longer than I hoped for as I got lazy in the process.

    Before taking it apart I had added RPM Rod Ends, Traxxas Lightweight Aluminum Turnbuckles (part # 5338R) and Traxxas Aluminum Pushrods (part # 5318X). I had stripped out 2 of the rod ends by having a bad landing from a jump, so I decided to upgrade. The shiny red rods I added for the extra bling.

    So now it is finally cleaned lubed and ready for winter, all I need now is some snow. I made some chains and bought a cover for the chassis at my LHS made by a friend of the owner.

    Tire chains took two containers of chain. The loops are 17 links long (forgot to add that # to the pic).





    where did you get the snow pro-tec? could i have a link?

  14. #54
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    93
    google Téléguidés sherbrooke and you will them. A company in Quebec but I do not see an online store...

  15. #55
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    141
    Téléguidés Sherbrooke is my lhs and no they don't have an online store. I was there earlier today and I didn't see any covers around. It does a great job at keeping moisture out, but the motor and esc get really warm. The last time I used it, I only closed the rear about half way.

    edit: Depending who is there, you might get someone who can speak English.
    Last edited by Jimmy1971; 01-12-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

  16. #56
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    93
    Are you still liking your savox servo? did u waterproof it?

  17. #57
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    141
    The servo has been great so far. I haven't waterproofed it though, it's gotten a little wet but never submerged.
    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

  18. #58
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    93
    Thanks a lot!

  19. #59
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    141
    Well, I finally got around to rewiring my Dewalt. Used pavmentsurfer's Dewalt install Thread as my guide, 10 awg wire and Tekin 5.5 mm connectors. Will have to purchase some new Caps as the wires on mine broke or I might just see how things go without them.

    Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •