Thread: Rear diff servo

RC poster

Rear diff servo

Hello all. This is my first post here and I have got a problem.

I have had my Summit for about two months now and the first thing that happened was the steering servos broke. Removed them and added a Sav÷x SW-1210SG and a BEC instead. This worked great and the car still is all waterproof.

So to my problem.
    After I changed the steering servo I lost the rear diff servo function. Tried pulling the cable out of the receiver and testing another servo but other then the servo centering on startup there is no reaction in it. So when I turn the switch on the transmitter it works great in first setting and front diff locks but when I put it in second setting nothing happens.

Anyone had this problem and know what I should do?
    Is it a setting?
    A broken receiver?
    Need to switch any wire since I only use one steering servo port?

Hope someone here can help me.

RC poster
    first thing I would do is open up the receiver and make sure that you did not pinch a wire in there for the servo

RC poster
    Thank you for your answer josht21.

I just took it apart a moment ago. The servo is working if I connect it to channel 4 (front diff). Tried the front diff to channel 5 and it was dead on that channel. So it seems that channel 5 on my receiver is dead. The positive and negative wires work because the lights are on but the signal seems to be dead.

Is it a dead receiver or something else gone wrong?
    I know its hard for you to say without having the receiver in your hands but is there something special I should be looking for?

RC Qualifier
    Sounds to me like a receiver issue. The servo works on a different channel, and NO servo works on channel 5. As a last test I would unplug the new servo (SAVOX), and try all the other channels and all the other servos, in as many combinations of channel/servo as would satisfy my curiosity. That should give you a definite answer. On a side note, I use SAVOX servos and haven't had a problem running them from the stock receiver...yet.
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC poster
    Captain Switchblade, thanks for your answer.

I have now tried all servos in channel 5 and none of them work there. Have also tried removing the Sav÷x with no difference in function so now I am 100% sure the receiver is the broken part. Just ordered a new one of eBay.

In the type of crawling I do I have never used only the front diff, I always use all diffs or no diff at all. So what I am thinking is to put both diff servos on channel 4 with a Y-cable. That would work wouldn┤t it?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by m.nowal View Post
    Captain Switchblade, thanks for your answer.

I have now tried all servos in channel 5 and none of them work there. Have also tried removing the Sav÷x with no difference in function so now I am 100% sure the receiver is the broken part. Just ordered a new one of eBay.

In the type of crawling I do I have never used only the front diff, I always use all diffs or no diff at all. So what I am thinking is to put both diff servos on channel 4 with a Y-cable. That would work wouldn┤t it?
    This should work. Just give it a shot!

RC Champion
    I use tra5697 differential controller connected to channel 4 on my receiver so the front and rear lock at the same time....

http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=8515

RC poster
    Thank for your answers!

I have now tested everything except the transmitter. Got a new receiver in there, new servos and it still is the same. So now I am running both servos on channel 4. I can't lock one diff alone but atleast I can lock both.

Anyone had any problems with the TQi transmitter?