Looking for new wheel and tires...

Well, the stock tires on my slayer are slowly giving up the ghost. Parts of the tires are coming un-glued from the rims, and the chrome is flaking/rubbing off of the rims, making it look strange. For new tires, I want to get some bedlock tires, because I HATE having the tires come un-glued. Secondly, I want the tires to be good on the street, and on dirt/grass. I was thinking of getting some pro line epic rims or some pro line sixer rims from Rcplanet.com I like the look of the pro line sixers more, and the cost two times less then the pro line epics. http://www.rcplanet.com/Epic_Bead_Lo.../pro270502.htm http://www.rcplanet.com/Pro_Line_Six.../pro271404.htm. For tires I was thinking of getting some pro line switchs. http://www.rcplanet.com/Pro_Line_Sla.../pro107801.htm What are the best tire and bead lock rims combo that will fit on my slayer? Will some proline switch tires fit on the pro line sixer rims? Will the pro line sixer rims even fit on my slayer? In the end I want my truck to look like this one.
    Thanks for the help! -Wolfslash16
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 07-25-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

split 6 beadlocks and the Trenchers are a good combo. gotta tape the tenchers though. i used a set on my Eslayer this weekend and almost immediately had to raise the body from the tires ballooning so much they were starting to hook the body.

Alternately if you are not racing under "rules" you can run a 1/8 buggy wheel/tire combo for an obscene amount of variety.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Thanks, I'll look into the 1/8 buggy wheel, but does anyone know if pro line switch tires will fit on pro line sixer rims?

i run buggy wheels exclusively so im sure someone can correct me if im wrong.
    Unlike the ERBE/Revo sized tires where there are differences in the beads between manufacturers I really want to say a 2.2/3.0 SC tire is a 2.2/3.0 SC tire. I don't think due to the style of bead design on the wheels themselves, that there is going to be any difference on a SC tire be it from Proline/Jconcepts/Traxxas or whoever.

Ok, I found the rims I want to get. Here is the link to them. http://www.rcplanet.com/Pro_Line_Sla.../pro270904.htm
    I'm trying to decide between the Pro Line Switch tires, the Pro Line Street Fighters, or the Pro Line Trencher tires. I will be running mostly on pavement, with some cement, grass, and gravel too. What would be the longest lasting, best all around tire for driving on those surfaces? The Pro Line Trenchers, the Pro Line Street Fighters, or the Pro Line Switchs?
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 07-25-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Forgot the link.

i would think the Trencher would be a longer lasting. but you can get the switch in a harder compound, no?

I ran a set of new trenchers on the weekend, primarily on grass, but a good bit on hard packed dirt road and they don't look to have any wear on them other than taking the glossy off of them.

I wouldn't go with the Switch tires. Don't get me wrong they are good but not the greatest, they don't have a whole lot of traction. The Proline Gladiator SC tire is now my favorite. Awesome grip in the grass (sometimes I almost think it's a little too much grip) but still an awesome tire none the less.

As far as the switch, trencher, gladiator tires go, I would put them in this order grip wise on the grass.

1 Glads best grip
    2 Trenchers decent grip
    3 Switch like driving on ice.

I wouldn't go with the Switch tires. Don't get me wrong they are good but not the greatest, they don't have a whole lot of traction. The Proline Gladiator SC tire is now my favorite. Awesome grip in the grass (sometimes I almost think it's a little too much grip) but still an awesome tire none the less.

As far as the switch, trencher, gladiator tires go, I would put them in this order grip wise on the grass.

1 Glads best grip
    2 Trenchers decent grip
    3 Switch like driving on ice.
    Ok, good to know! Does any one know if the new Mike Jenkins Dodge ram body will fit on a slayer? I LOVE the look of the new Ram body, or does anyone know what would be needed to make the body fit?

This is what the wheels and tires I'm going to get should look like!

Don't forget that wheels made for the Slash are 12mm hex and the Slayer has 14mm hexes. But you can run Slash wheels you just need to mod or buy 12mm hexes that will fit a 6mm axle. I think Tekno RC makes an aluminum 12mm hex kit for 6mm axles.

Me personally I run just the factory Traxxas wheels. The black and chrome ones with proline tires glued on. I like the way the black and chrome looks and I've never really had any problems with stock wheels.

You might be able to make the new body fit. You'll have to cut out and re shape the wheel wells to make it look right. Or you could wait because they probably will update the Slayer's body as well, then just buy one of those.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 07-29-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Don't forget that wheels made for the Slash are 12mm hex and the Slayer has 14mm hexes. But you can run Slash wheels you just need to mod or buy 12mm hexes that will fit a 6mm axle. I think Tekno RC makes an aluminum 12mm hex kit for 6mm axles.

Me personally I run just the factory Traxxas wheels. The black and chrome ones with proline tires glued on. I like the way the black and chrome looks and I've never really had any problems with stock wheels.

You might be able to make the new body fit. You'll have to cut out and re shape the wheel wells to make it look right. Or you could wait because they probably will update the Slayer's body as well, then just buy one of those.
    Ok, thanks! That help a ton! I'm not worried about tire and rim hex sizes, the rims I'm going to get are made for the slayer. Here is the link.http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai..._a_7cPRO270904

Get them while you can because Proline stopped production on the Epic Bead lock wheels a long time ago.

Really? Hmmm... Thanks, I didn't know that, but I'm not worried too much. Rcplanet still has them in stock, and because they ONLY fit the slayer, I thinks they might be around for a little longer, I mean the slayer isn't exactly the most popular truck ever, LOL. Thank for all of the help CarGuy7a!

I think towerhobbies may also have some in stock. Also, I've heard that the tires can still come off the beadlocks from the ballooning. To help keep it from doing that (I do this on my glued wheels as well because I don't like the ballooning) you can tape the inside of the tires with duct tape. Take the tire and turn it inside out (SC tires are easier to turn inside out because of the one larger side start with that side) then clean it off with a rag and some brake cleaner so the tape will stick good. Cut a strip of duct tape roughly the width of the tread and wrap it all the way around overlapping about 1 inch or so. Then flip the tire right side out, mount them up and presto, you have duct tape belted tires that will have minimal ballooning.

Ok sounds good! I'll see if how bad they ballon when I get them, because ther're beadlocks, I don't have to hurry, I can take them off when I want!