Just ordered the Funny Car and DTS-1 system...

Hey Guys,

I just ordered the Funny Car and the DTS-1 system... I wasn't going to do it, but we're having some major problems in our Country and probably won't be able to buy anything expensive from outside my Country in a near future... So, literally I'm maxing out my credit card buying RC stuff...

So, I guess in two weeks I'll have both things... I'm looking forward to modify the DTS-1 system... I'll install the fans, probably change/upgrade the LEDs to a different/brighter color... And, make some kind of skin for it...

I'll post pictures of the inside of the DTS-1 as soon as I get it, this is going to be fun...

He who dies with the most toys wins !!!

RC Qualifier
    I can't wait to see it.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

I was thinking I might dye the white base (yellow?) instead of adding some kind of skin to it... I'll have to sleep on it...

Got the Funny Car and the DTS-1 system today... I was surprised how long the Funny car is... The body is amazing but I had to rush to work, so, I haven't had the chance to test it yet or even check it further...

The DTS-1 system, looks very nice, a bit too white for my taste, but that's just a detail... I'll try it tonight, and I'll open it to show the inside... Looking forward to change the LEDs...

RC Qualifier
    nice man, can't wait to see what you make out of it
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Enthusiast
    Its been very hot here ,track temps up to 156 deg ! you wont need fans , and the led`s are super bright !( the sunshade takes care of glare ) If its really hot , it shuts off ,preventing damage. heres a video ! What country are you from sir ? And keep drag racing !

RC Enthusiast
    The white is to keep it cooler on a asphalt track which can be up to 50 percent higher than air temp, i would not change the color yet,most likley will increase units temp resulting in automatic saftey shutdown when your in the middle of a race !

RC poster

none

FH Added 3oz's (2 dead Nicad cells cut from a shotgun pack) to the rear of batt compartment, and under the Lipo. Still using 2 cells 'till I get it dialed. Car is more stable. My cells are strapped down. Added 3oz's sinkers to gas tank. Get back to you guys later.
    Last edited by FH; 08-21-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: forgot something

RC Racer
    When you say problems in your country, are you referring to like what happened there in 2001?

You can PM me about the situation there if you want, I generally follow politics and what is going on in the world, but I'm in the dark about Argentina at the moment.

This forum is not the place for political discussions, please abide by the rules, I have posted a copy that pertains to this in post #10 below

Let's stay on topic shall we...
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 09-06-2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: politics

Thank you for the comments guys! I appreciate it! I haven't had the chance to drag race it yet, but so far, I love it, this thing is huge and amazing.

I haven't heard any issues about the small servo in this car, so, I guess the stock one it's enough for now. The only thing I would have included is the dock for the iPhone on the TX. Everything else seems to be perfect in this car.

About the DTS-1, I don't have an iphone yet, and out of the box, I followed the manual and the system works as expected, so, no complains there. As I said before, I still think the LEDs are not bright enough on the tree. If you compare the yellow LEDs on the tree and the yellow LEDs on the finish line, the ones on the finish line are much brighter. If they are using the same LEDs, I have to check why the ones on the tree are not that bright. I'm a "LED freak", so, please, undertand my madness about this.

I've had to edit this out as it is against the terms of agreement. If you are going to talk politics I suggest doing this privately please

Here is a copy of the rules pertaining to this matter.
    6. No Politics. We prefer that members not get too involved in political discussions because they often result in flaring tempers and flame wars.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 09-06-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: politics

Well, another thing I don't like, there's no space for a 5-cell flat pack... They had enough free space inside both stations to make room for both a 5-cell hump pack and a 5-cell flat pack... But, only the first one is allowed... I have two Revo 3.3 which I barely use, I could used the flat packs from them, but instead, I have to buy two hump pack...

RC Qualifier
    Daniel... I feel really bad for you! Man... It must be terrible to live in that kind of thing... I'll keep you in my prayers!
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRCMan View Post
    Daniel... I feel really bad for you! Man... It must be terrible to live in that kind of thing... I'll keep you in my prayers!
    My prayers are with you also man.
    Matthew 7:7

My prayers are with you also man.
    Same here.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx