RC Qualifier

2.4 Link losing signal - running wild

Hey guys I have had a 3903 E-Maxx for about 2 years now. It has the 2.4 link system, Started out life as a brushed setup, then went MMM brushless, and just this past winter moved to a hobby wing 120amp system. Only reason I got the hobbywing system is to keep that brushless power for less money and "waterproof" it for snow runs.

Well about 15 or so runs in and the 2.4 link system started lossing conncetion at all different lengths away. Sometimes at 30 feet, sometimes at 60 yards and I need to walk close to it to get it going again. Well about a month ago it lost connection and run into the front step and cost me 40 buck in repairs. I have done a rebind like 3 - 4 times now.

Sometimes when I walk close it reconnects and works fine, other times it doesnt reconnect. Luckly the day ot only flipped over when it took off again. Antena is up seems to be okay. Going try another RX today and seem if thats the problem, but it really shouldnt be...

Did you upgrade the servos recently? This sounds like a brownout where you lose control intermittently. That, or a broken antennae wire.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Servos are stock that came with the 3903. Looking at the RX, its doesnt look like the antennae wire is borken or even have a kink in the wire. Not sure whats up with it. Swapped in a known working one and am going to test this afternoon.

RC Qualifier
    After swapping in a known good RX it seems to be fine now. I guess the other one just decided it didnt want to go on working haha, but for less then 30 dollars I can get a new one. Better then 60+ in repairs next time it runs away.

Good deal. I hate radio problems...
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    I have a T-Maxx 3.3 that came stock with the 2.4 Link 3 channel digital that loves to glitch. Screwing around with it a bunch yesterday, i replaced the nicad battery pack, verified the radio is getting the correct voltage, verified the connections, made sure the connectors are free of dirt, made sure the antenna wire is free of damage, I reset the receiver and transmitter back to factory, then set the transmitter profile to default 01 and enabled the nitro throttle profile and the **** thing still glitches.

Glitching to me means to me that sitting next to the radio pull the throttle in 50% on the transmitter, and the throttle servo just either doesnt respond, responds on a delay, or does what it wants or twitches. I cant trust it. the throttle servo was recently replaced with a server that came out of a brand new traxxas t-maxx 3.3 kit. my original servo got damaged in a crash. the problem with the radio was even before the crash so they in my opinion are not related. the throttle wouldnt respond and thus the crash. Also, while the radio is doing its lame glitching, i can watch the connection LED on the receiver it stays green and connected.

i've never had so many problems with a radio receiver. I never had these issues with the original t-maxx crystal radio system. I wish traxxas would incorporate a fail safe system in the radios. go out of range or glitches and it hits the brakes or moves the throttle down to zero / idle.