RC poster

Smile Introduction & Merv Crash lol

Hi All.

Been lurking around for awhile and thought now that i bought a Merv and then another I may aswell sign up. So HI all :-)

Only had my first merv for a week and had a little accident....

I had just bought 2 x 2S lipos. Was running them in series for some preety impressive speed (I had clocked it at 101kph (60mph), when I lost control. The Merv hit the gutter at full speed launching it 2 metres into the air and then splat at about 60-70kph straight into the wall of my house

After assessing the damage, I bit the bullet and bought another one.

A couple of days ago I broke the LHF A arm, So I ordered a set of RPM replacements and the upgrades are on their way. Shipping to Australia seems to take ages :-(

Anyway just thought I'd share that horrifying picture with you all lol.

Seeya's

RC Qualifier
    Welcome! Nice carnage! Lol. You can fix that, it will just take time. Have fun!
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC poster
    Yeah I bought another one, cause it looked preety bad. But once i started pulling it too pieces (the pieces that weren't already iin pieces lol) It wasnt that bad. At least I have spare parts and the ESC, Motor, and RX are all still good so.. yeah :-)

RC Qualifier
    Welcome!!!

Looking at the damage to your Merv, did it put a hole in your house? It's a bit more $$ to buy another house LOL...

O_O
    Merv: Neu, MMP

RC Qualifier
    def looks like it was a pretty impressive wreck...lol

RC Qualifier
    Haha man that's one big wreck aftermath would've love to have seen it happen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I'm bored at work

Edited for language abuse.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-25-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Stampede VXL
    Merv VXL

RC Competitor
    I thought it got ran over!

RC Competitor
    Wow.. LOL Then instead of fixing it you buy another hahah that's awesome. Get the one that's broken fixed up or you can sell it on the marketplace for parts. I'm sure it'll sell. Anyway, welcome aboard!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by chilidillo View Post
    Welcome!!!

Looking at the damage to your Merv, did it put a hole in your house? It's a bit more $$ to buy another house LOL...

O_O
    Not far from it lol. Mrs came out and said *** was that haha

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    def looks like it was a pretty impressive wreck...lol
    Yeah it was flying.... quite literally lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by flanders125 View Post
    Haha man that's one big wreck aftermath would've love to have seen it happen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I'm bored at work

Edited for language abuse.
    Tell me about it, as much as it pained me to see. It was a spectacular crash. Definitely worthy of youtube lol.

I will keep the other car as spare parts, the ones that are usable. At least the expensive stuff is still ok, Motor and ESC seem to be fine

RC Qualifier
    So nice to not hear the usual "I drove mine head on into an atom smasher at a gazillion miles per hour and all I broke was...".

You totaled your RC, that is rare, and an amazing accomplishment. Welcome to the club.

Also, it reminds me of those rally car crashes. Everything outside the cage is smashed to bits with the center intact. It would be pretty funny if that stock servo still worked.
    Last edited by Cipher_Jones; 07-25-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: ninja edit

RC poster
    So just a quick question. While I have the front end pulled apart this much....

Is it easy to get too the front diff? I was thinking if its easy enough to pull apart from here, I might shim the front?

And how do I pull it apart to do that?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    So nice to not hear the usual "I drove mine head on into an atom smasher at a gazillion miles per hour and all I broke was...".

You totaled your RC, that is rare, and an amazing accomplishment. Welcome to the club.

Also, it reminds me of those rally car crashes. Everything outside the cage is smashed to bits with the center intact. It would be pretty funny if that stock servo still worked.

IRONICALLY. THE SERVO STILL DOES LOL.

The servo in my new erevo stripped the gears within 2 sets of packs. So I pulled the servo out of my wreck and all is good now :-)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by james22 View Post
    IRONICALLY. THE SERVO STILL DOES LOL.
    !! Servo still works! wow!

That must have been an awesome crash to see!

The carnage photo is wild!

Oh and look into keeping those tires, there is are a number of ways to remove the glue/wheel from the tire so you can reuse them

RC poster
    I'm just a noob myself but from what I've been told if you keep running 2s lipos in series you're probably going to need that spare ESC and motor!

Good luck!

RC Enthusiast
    ha i remember when i did that to mine...only mine was a direct front end collision...i broke the chassis across the front broke the front diff and cracked a rim. luckily the hobby store had all the parts that i needed so i rebuilt mine..it wasnt as hard as i thought and it was fun. it had its moments but it was easy. but after all of that two weeks later i let a coworker drive it at work and it slid backwards into a car lift and did the same thing only it was in the back but one again rebuilt it. its just alot of time here are some pics from the first rebuild lol

RC poster
    ^^^ Just like new. I like.

Had a few setbacks with parts for mine. I ordered 1/10 scale Revo A - Arms twice in a row lol. Now have ordered the correct ones.

RC poster
    So got my merv back together and took it too the local BMX track had some awesome fun until I broke the chasis at the rear end. Seems to be a weak point where the 2 screws go through. Just snapped clean off. 2nd photo up is where I broke it.

So what do I need to order? And how do I fix / replace the chasis? Please tell me I don't have to pull the entire car apart.... Not very good at that lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like you will need a chassis and everything has to come off. Good practice for you and you can dye the chassis black if you want.get a t bone setup that will strengthen things a bit and maybe dp braces too

RC poster
    hello everyone,

I am newbie here!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey Ryan welcome. Do.you own revo?you can learn a lot here!