Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My XO-1 mods

RC Racer

RC Racer

RC Racer

Sorry for the multiple posts but photobucket redid their website and I can't figure out how to copy multiple pics to put on one post.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lcaa View Post
    Nice mods!!

I cant find anything on the cooling fins mod...you used to have 2 fans over the motor, right?
    yea i used to have a fan right on top of the motor and the esc, now i just put both of the fans on the esc side since the fan and heat sink is doing a better job.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post

Sorry for the multiple posts but photobucket redid their website and I can't figure out how to copy multiple pics to put on one post.
    Very nice XO-1 NUT. You just given me a new idea sir.

btw the heat sink is lookin good on that monster

RC Racer
    Hey dude. Give me a bit because christmas is just around the corner. I want to get 2-3 more of them heat sinks. I just got back in the house from kicking some ***. Ran the batteries down to 11.6 volts. The fan on the ESC came on once. I hit 89 degrees on the motor. It is 45 degrees outside but man I've been pushing it hard. When I first got that heat sink from you I didn't know if it was going to stay on my car. Thats why I zip tied the wire over the top of the brace. If you would like an updated pic... it is now where it is supposed to go. The heat sink is here to stay !!! I love it !!!

RC Racer
    Yea it looks great on there and it's not going to go anywhere for sure. and if u ever need a few more sets same discount to you josh

RC Racer
    Just got back in from some night bashing. Didn't crash but this happened. This is another thing that Traxxas should update for these cars. Front wheel drive sucks !!! Going to replace right now and go back out. YUCK !!!

RC Racer
    WOW looks like it snapped like a twig!!! Good thing u have spares
    Last edited by FartOfDoom; 11-20-2012 at 12:41 AM.

RC Racer
    This has happened quite a few times already. Just got back in the house after replacing the junk. Everything is just fine again !!!! I guess things have to break otherwise Traxxas wouldn't make any money. But man if this stuff broke under hard acceleration someone might get hurt or killed !!! These parts need to be beefed up !!!!
    Last edited by XO-1 NUT; 11-20-2012 at 01:03 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FartOfDoom View Post
    Yea it looks great on there and it's not going to go anywhere for sure. and if u ever need a few more sets same discount to you josh
    Thanks man !!! Gotta have one for the other car and I thought a few spares would be nice to have. Hopefully none get broke in car wrecks but I figure might as well have a few just in case they do get smashed up. I'm still trying to figure out how the heck you made them.

RC Qualifier
    are you running traxxas steal cvd's? or the stock drivelines that come in a xo-1? if you have spare xo-1 drivelines you have some serious brass in your pockets (in other words alot of money lol) also if you have spare xo-1 drivelines, where are you purchassing them?
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Racer
    Just stock Xo-1 axles. When I first bought this car and started breaking stuff I stocked up pretty well on parts. All that broke was the one part of the axle. $5.00. For whatever reason it broke is beyond me. Thats the third time that happened now. And they broke when either getting on the brakes or on the gas. Not from crashing. I think its a little crazy.

RC Racer
    still unhappy with my rear so a little mod to remove the slop

what i did here is i cut the original suspension pin down, and replace the rear screw pins in the axle carrier. use a m3x4mm set screw to hold it in place.

after a while i notice my rod ends they're getting a little loose. i could actually spin the ball inside and not feel a bit of friction. use a lighter to soften the rod ends and use your finger and gently squeeze them together. dont get too happy with the fire though or you'll melt the thing.

RC Qualifier
    Really great mods... Am following your lead with my new XO

RC Racer
    XO-1 MD custom lipo tray for the fans.

Last edited by FartOfDoom; 01-10-2013 at 01:31 AM.

RC poster
    Of course What do you expect, there not going to do all the work for you. If they did all these mod refinements the price of the model would be more than $1000 new. They did manage to get the car to do 100 mph out of the box even with the stock sloppy susspension but i like and admire how you do these mods an i'm interested in doing what your doing on your x0-1, i'll following up on your list, thanks.

RC Racer
    Yea I'm guessing my expectation was bit high. Love the car now and the way it handles

RC poster
    Hey send me your replies to my email address 1998gst@gmail.com from the ebay messages i was contacting you from, thanks

Romel
    Quote Originally Posted by FartOfDoom View Post
    Yea I'm guessing my expectation was bit high. Love the car now and the way it handles

RC Racer
    Thought this thread should be brought back to the top. FartOfDoom's Mods work awesome. If you are a new XO-1 owner you need to read this thread and get rid of steering slop. That is the biggest downfall to the XO-1. But after you do some or all of these Mods it makes this car drive like a dream !!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    Thought this thread should be brought back to the top. FartOfDoom's Mods work awesome. If you are a new XO-1 owner you need to read this thread and get rid of steering slop. That is the biggest downfall to the XO-1. But after you do some or all of these Mods it makes this car drive like a dream !!!
    agreed!!! did all the same mods with the suspension and the car drives completely different. so different in fact I had to retune my entire setup on my iphone because the car handles completely different, in a good way.

RC Enthusiast
    I will be looking into these mods as well. Only 2 more hours till the end of the day, then I can FINALLY pick her up from the mailroom.

RC Racer
    Got a cooling fan/heat sink from FartOfDoom and i must say its really good quality, and that little fan moves a lot of air. Thanks Vinh

RC poster
    @FartOfDoom

Could you re-post your photos? I believe the links are dead....im currently in the process of removing the slop from front/rear.