RC poster

2nimh= almost lipo?

Hey everyone so...i was wondering if i got a 2 way battery connector(so i could use 2 nimh batteries at once)would i be able to at least pop a wheelie in vxl with 2 standard batts? and 1 more thing if i wanted to ... could i put 3 standard traxxas batterys at the same time to get the power of the lipo?thanks oh yea and i hav a traxxas rustler xl5 upgraded to vxl so plz reply thanks

The VXL has over voltage protection so it wont even arm with that many cells connected to it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    When I ran 2 nimhs in parallel (that's for gaining runtime) I was also able to gain about 3 mph extra. My vxl has always been able to pop wheelies even with only 1 nimh. So 2 definitely. Other wise just go lipo and have a ball with those cause they are truly amazig

RC Champion
    Even if it would run... the weight of another battery would make it even harder to do a wheelie than with 1 battery.

if you tighten the slipper clutch a bet more ( not to nearly close it ) then you make your rear shocks or/and springs more siffer, you should have some wheelies specially over high traction tracks. just use fresh charged Nimh packs .
    if didn't work, try changing your gearing setup.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert JATO View Post
    if you tighten the slipper clutch a bet more ( not to nearly close it ) then you make your rear shocks or/and springs more siffer, you should have some wheelies specially over high traction tracks. just use fresh charged Nimh packs .
    if didn't work, try changing your gearing setup.
    ^^ This. Tried and true.

RC Champion
    If you actually could use 12+ nimh cells you would definitely be faster than a 2s lipo, but you would be a lot heavier and still might not be able to rival it in terms of acceleration and "punch" unless you have really good cells. Tighten you slipper, get a good battery, and if you still can't wheelie consider yourself lucky because it gets annoying fast!

RC poster
    ill check on the s. clutch but i got the shocks so tight that i crashed so i took it down 1 notch so i bet it is slipper.

RC poster
    ok thanks everyone i went to a place(link to website at the bottom)in florida on vacation today that my grandpa found and it is awesome so if u ever come to florida check it out and who ever doesnt thing traxxas and rpm bumpers are stromg they are SO WRONG i crashed at around 40 into a flat wall and the only thing that happend was i lost all my clips! here is the link...

http://bashersrcraceway.com/ and itis inside so it is awesome

If you buy a Lipo you can go with a 2s or 3s battery. Ask grandpa to spring for one... And a nice charger too. Lol.

And tell him you'll clean your room everyday.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Just get a lipo. Seriously two-three batteries?
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

RC poster
    yea im going to race 2moro and some people will give me a lipo the only thing i worry about is lipos smoke/catch on fire easily and i cant deal with that because i dont have the money to buy a lipo bag a lipo and lipo charger so yea ill just put in 2 standard batterys but thamks 4 the help p.s. in my prev. post look at the link

Bad idea. It sounds like you haven't worked with electronics or the wiring of batteries.

If you solder them up wrong you could fry your packs, damage your ESC, and/or start a fire.

The weight of two batteries will kill any performance gain you get from the other battery.

Wiring them up in parallel will only give you a bit of a power boost, but will increase your run-time by a little.

Wiring them in series will provide way too much power for the stock ESC, if it does turn on, it will likely fry your ESC.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    5000mah 8.4v (7 cell nimh) will give you performance close to that of a Lipo, just heavier. With stock tires, and the low COG of the Rusty, wheelies will probably be hard to come by using Nimh, especially with stock tires. It sounds like money is an issue, otherwise I would recommend a tire upgrade first and foremost as the increased grip does wonders for handling (and wheelies).
    P2de VXL - Summit