RC Racer

Nerf bars for lcg?

I'm running the STRC lcg kit with the rustler chassis, are there nerf bars available that will come out to the body edge, for velcro attatchment?

RC Racer
    i dont know if their is any but i would not but nerf bars on an lcg chassis, also it just looks less clean.

Kenny, why not? The Slash body is designed to have nerf bars for support.

Jodart, looking at my stock Slash, and my STRC lcg Slash, the stock chassis width is 7 3/8", the STRC chassis is 5 3/8". I don't think it would be that difficult to mod the stock nerf bars to fit the Rustler chassis at the widest point... the only problem would be the flat side on the lcg Slash chassis being about 2 1/2" and the nerf bars being 4 3/8" so you might have to drill new holes in the nerf bars to mount. It would still be a couple inches too narrow (not wide enough) but that would help support the body if you go with the 'better than nothing' approach. Give it a shot, and post pics.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    SC10 nerf bars can be fitted with very minor modifications. I've also had success using the support "hoop" part from the stock front bumper, with the second set of tabs cut off.

That looks like they're made for the lcog Slash!! Nice job.

Those look like Ofna shocks... I put a set of Ofna 16mm fronts on the rear of my Rusty.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    they are usually designed for side to side racing, and if hes racing then by all means but if he is just driving around it really does matter unless he takes an unusual turn and slams the side into something

RC Racer
    wow dr isotope, that a nice slash, is that the rustler chassis?

RC Qualifier
    That is indeed the Rustler/STRC setup, from oh so many years ago. The shocks are Losi 8ight buggy rears all the way around.

I don't run any trucks without either nerf bars or dedicated side body mounts. The #1 key to getting a shell to last: support it properly.

RC Racer
    Thanks Doc, I was hoping you'd chime in. What is the battery hold down you have in that pic?

RC Qualifier
    Just an X-shaped piece I cut out of some CF plate. It's still around here somewhere.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    SC10 nerf bars can be fitted with very minor modifications. I've also had success using the support "hoop" part from the stock front bumper, with the second set of tabs cut off.

I like what you did... awesomeness!!! I converted mine with the STRC LCG and its nowhere near yours... what did you do with the front? what is that bronze colored part?
    SLASH 4X4, SLASH 2WD, RUSTLER VXL, TMAXX 2.5R

RC Qualifier
    I have the same question as the OP. I hear SC10 nerf bars can work with a little mod but are they the SC10 4wd nerfs or the regualr ones. Part # ?? Thanks.
    Philippians 4:13 HCSB

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BISDAK View Post
    I like what you did... awesomeness!!! I converted mine with the STRC LCG and its nowhere near yours... what did you do with the front? what is that bronze colored part?
    I'll chime in here to say the bronze piece looks like a weight to keep the front end down.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    The nerfs for SC10 2wd will fit with minor modification. The work pretty well, to boot.

RC Qualifier
    Very nice idea!! I will be buying some sc10 nerf bars pretty soon.

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    He has a thread ( I cant remember where) on the build of this truck. Yes, that is a brass weight to keep the front end down.

RC Enthusiast
    I am doing a rebuild of my slash 2wd w/lcg and this is great. I just got the nerf bars for the sc10 and will be using this idea you shared with us, Dr. Thanks.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate
    Bandit