RC Competitor

2075 Servo question

Hi. Today I was driving my Slash and now when I turn right the wheels stick or they make a clicking noise. Knowing virtually nothing about these cars as I only got this one for Christmas I'm guessing I have a servo problem. I'm wondering should I replace with the same servo or is there a drop in upgrade any of you would recommend? Thanks.

If it's the servo here's a $3 fix. On the right is a servo gear kit for the 2075 in your slash.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by rjwenter View Post
    Hi. Today I was driving my Slash and now when I turn right the wheels stick or they make a clicking noise. Knowing virtually nothing about these cars as I only got this one for Christmas I'm guessing I have a servo problem. I'm wondering should I replace with the same servo or is there a drop in upgrade any of you would recommend? Thanks.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    Just wondering is there anything other than the servo that it might be given the issues I'm having?

When you keep the wheel turned right,does it just keep clicking? And do you have to start turning it back manually?

RC Competitor
    When it sticks the clicking stops I have to turn it back manually. It clicks every time I turn right when it doesn't stick. Like a clicking and a whirring noise if that makes any sense...

RC Qualifier
    Stripped gears in the servo buy the $3 rebuild kit and follow the instructions.

+1 just like the above pic post 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    Stripped gears in the servo buy the $3 rebuild kit and follow the instructions.

Sure sounds like a stripped gear. But just for the heck of it before you replace the gears, make sure the screw that hold the servo saver to the servo is tight. It's not likely the problem by the sounds of it, but worth taking a look.

RC Competitor
    Again, thanks a lot for your help everyone. I'm sure these are basic questions so I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer them. I was reading about the Hitec 645MG. If I wanted to replace the servo would that be a solid replacement? Or does anyone make a set of metal replacement gears for the 2075?

Again, thanks a lot for your help everyone. I'm sure these are basic questions so I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer them. I was reading about the Hitec 645MG. If I wanted to replace the servo would that be a solid replacement? Or does anyone make a set of metal replacement gears for the 2075?

IMO, the only thing the 645mg has over the 2075 is metal gears. It's slower and has less torque than the 2075, so it's sort of a downgrade in that aspect.

The 645mg was a popular choice back when Traxxas truck came with 2018 and 2055 servos, but nowadays you have to aim higher if you want better performance than the 2075.

RC Competitor
    Gotcha! Folks seem overall pleased with the 2075 so I'll try the rebuild kit I guess, unless there's a metal gear rebuild kit for the 2075? I got this truck for Christmas - do you think the servo is still covered under warranty?

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha! Folks seem overall pleased with the 2075 so I'll try the rebuild kit I guess, unless there's a metal gear rebuild kit for the 2075? I got this truck for Christmas - do you think the servo is still covered under warranty?
    IF IT WAS/IS under warranty it would cost more then the $3 to send it back to them and have them ship you a new one
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Qualifier
    There are no metal gears for it but if your running sct tires it should be ok. Although a metal gear servo with more speed and torque is nice the stock servo will get the job. FYI since those rebuild kits are only 3 bucks I would Definatly keep a spare in your tool box.

RC Enthusiast
    I searched and found a few guys "Frankenstien-ing" 2075's with other metal gear servos to make a metal gear 2075 but they were always more$$$ than just doing a rebuild kit for $3. Then if you switch to a different brand servo (sometimes) you have to worry about it needing a glitch buster or another way to keep it powered. So the rebuild kit just makes more sense for now. Best idea is to get two kits when you get it like Abyss said

The pic I showed you is one of two in my box,as I don't use servo saver's.
    [IMG][/IMG]

's
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrock2370 View Post
    I searched and found a few guys "Frankenstien-ing" 2075's with other metal gear servos to make a metal gear 2075 but they were always more$$$ than just doing a rebuild kit for $3. Then if you switch to a different brand servo (sometimes) you have to worry about it needing a glitch buster or another way to keep it powered. So the rebuild kit just makes more sense for now. Best idea is to get two kits when you get it like Abyss said

RC Competitor
    Yeah, I feel like a bit of a dope. I only ordered one kit when I should have probably ordered two with combined shipping. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and the rebuild will last forever lol

RC Qualifier
    Lol it never crossed my mind to get a spare and I rebuilt mine 3 times.