RC Racer

Revo 3.3 wheelie bar??

I need one, is the traxxas brand a good one, or are there any better ones? Will I need the traxxas mount for the others or just for the traxxas wheelie bar??

RC Racer
    Non-Traxxas wheelie bars don't need the Traxxas mount. And if there is one that needs the Traxxas mount I guess there will be a notification about that.
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Champion
    You just need a wing. A wheelie bar isn't necessary.
    Go Patriots!

RC Racer
    you need throttle control =P

when the nose goes up let off the throttle abit.

Otherwise as stated, get a wing.. i have one, but i try not to let it wheelie along on the wing as it really wrecks it (spesh on asphalt!)
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.

RC Qualifier
    I run a wing and wheelie bar on both my revos.
    And the wheelie bar has a quick release so you can remove it whenever you want.

O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    Actually the traxxas revo wheelie bar was designed with the wing in mind. It works just fine.

O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Champion
    I run a wing with wheelie bar wheels mounted on it. It worked well until I got the center diff and now it doesn't wheelie anymore.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC poster
    pbflash - I have the same... issue. I have the FOC and Center Diff and can't make my revo wheelie at all. But since it breaks 50mph (clocked by police radar - they thought it was the best toy they had ever seen) I'm not overly concerned.

If you were interested in getting it to wheelie again, but want to keep the center diff, you can change your pinion(clutch bell) and spur to a higher acceleration set up. This should give you back the snappy torque required to wheelie, but it will drop your top speed. I'm sure someone here can give you better advice on which exact gear ratio to go with. I'm just beginning to experiment with different sizes.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahabut View Post
    pbflash - I have the same... issue. I have the FOC and Center Diff and can't make my revo wheelie at all. But since it breaks 50mph (clocked by police radar - they thought it was the best toy they had ever seen) I'm not overly concerned.

If you were interested in getting it to wheelie again, but want to keep the center diff, you can change your pinion(clutch bell) and spur to a higher acceleration set up. This should give you back the snappy torque required to wheelie, but it will drop your top speed. I'm sure someone here can give you better advice on which exact gear ratio to go with. I'm just beginning to experiment with different sizes.
    If I want to do wheelies I take out the Rustler or the Jato. I can get it to wheelie if I really wanted to but if it doesn't stand up on it's wing, it won't hold the wheelie as a lot of the power gets transferred to the front so the rear wheels slow down and it drops back down. I do need to experiment with the gearing though as the hyper 21 doesn't have a lot of low end power.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods