RC Competitor

Question Mamba Max Pro with Titan 775?

Is there anyone using Mamba Max Pro ESC with the stock 775 motor? Can anyone share some experience?

I've run into a reasonably priced used MMP and am thinking about using that with the stock 775 motor for now. I like the MMP's great configuration options (throttle curves, brake %, etc) and the flexibility of being able to use brushed, sensored and sensorless brushless motors.

I do crawling and trail running almost exclusively, so the truck is in low gear 95% of the time. ESC and motor is stock, I only wish the EVX-2 had more options to customize it to my taste. The MMP can fulfill that, I could just replace the EVX-2 with it and keep running with the 775 motor until that dies. Then I could just replace it with a 1600-1700KV brushless motor or another 775, could even go back and forth between BL and brushed. I'm really sold on the flexibility and config options of the MMP.

Am I nuts?

No your not nuts ....I don't think anyways.i ran the MMP with the dewalt lots ,did fine.cant see any problems unless you run 6s or something crazy like that

Sent using magic and trickery
    Ok it was Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Quote Originally Posted by rustlersvxl4life View Post
    Swear the mamba is brushless only
    No it is not. An MMPro can run brushed motors very well.
    Others have asked you, and now I am asking you: please get your facts straight.
    You should at least have an inkling of what you are posting about before you submit a post. Otherwise your words are useless spam. Even forums as friendly and open-minded as these do not appreciate a member who seems almost to be determined to be wrong time and time again.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Castle MMP and MMM programming card.

read em' n weep.

I still contend that the best set up for the summit is a waterproof MMM (plastic dip) hooked up to a DeWalt 14Volt motor. On 5s we are looking at nearly 40 mph (if geared correctly) , waterproof, crawler programmable, and the buttery smoothness of a brushed motor.

If funds hold up that will be the heart of my project 006
    Last edited by noir 522; 07-24-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the replies and confirming I'm not nuts lol

I'm gonna buy the MMP if it's in good condition. If not then then I'll wait till the magic smoke comes out of the 775 (or the EVX-2) and then buy a waterproof HobbyWing EZRUN brushless ESC and a nice 1600KV motor.

Ps: this new hobby of mine is getting expensive. I've only done few small mods on the truck, but already spent as much as the cost of the truck on those small mods, batteries, charger and whatnot... Wife isn't very happy with yet another money sucking black hole beside photography and model railroads lol

RC Qualifier
    with the MMM, do you have to put new plugs on the 775 for it to mate with the ESC ... how about with the dewalt?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by buduck04 View Post
    with the MMM, do you have to put new plugs on the 775 for it to mate with the ESC ... how about with the dewalt?
    I was wondering the same thing and which wire to leave out
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

MMPro has 4mm bullets. Switch motor wires to quality 4mm bullets. The Dewalt itself comes with no motor wires or connectors. Do yourself a favor and pick up your own quality wire and hardware rather than the rubbish that comprises some "kits."

Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    I was wondering the same thing and which wire to leave out
    For brushed motor with reversing:
    Red ESC wire to (+) motor wire
    Black ESC wire to (-) motor wire
    White ESC wire capped and out of the way.

There is other wiring for a high-power brushed motor, but I don't think that allows reversing. I really think the Summit needs that ability.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    what size bullets does the titan come with? This will be put on the MMM so the bullets need to be larger than the MMP

RC Qualifier
    The MMM has 6.5mm bullet connectors

Sent from my iPhone 5