RC poster

Few questions on new summit

Hey all

Just got a new summit , brushed motor. wanna crawl and 4wd not interested in speed. I wanna use 2 servos in front, what kinds will work with my stock setup ? radio wise. Also heard it was good to get steel servos, what ones would fit and work with my radio, its the stock radio with the brushed kit.

I am just getting back into hobby, raced at age 16, so alot is new to me, i am also new to the pistol controlers, any advice? thats how long, pistol controlers were just popping up at the race track .

any advice would be great ! also wanna get another battery , any suggestions ?

ty for reading

RC Qualifier
    Buy traxxas diff locks and flip the transmission. There are many vids on how to do this.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC poster
    Thanx dude. I can flip that transmission. My god when i had to build the full kits as a kid it was mind boggeling, thats easy lol

any servo info ?.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I would shy away from dual servos... the will duel to the death due to the linkage being non adjustable.
    One strong servo will suffice... a Blue Bird 390 or a HiTec 5085 I believe.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    the stock linkage is non adjustable. but the one that comes with the gpm titanium or stainless steel push rods and toe links set is. well it gets longer. not really shorter. and sorry but quick question which is stronger titanium or stainless steel? my stainless steel ones broke one at a time whether the plastic or actual bending.

RC poster
    Do u have to flip the transmission to crawl with it ???