RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Jakey, Pave and Cody's Ontario Canada Adventures.

I wish I took more pics. But I was too busy driving. Jakey came to visit me for the week and we made it out to run our boats (until his dog chased his down and chomped holes in it), we ran Summits on my crawler course and we did a 2 hour trail crawl. It was a good week.

My neighbour Cody has a brushless Emaxx and came along on our crawl. He did great considering he doesnt have locking diffs. I snapped a front drive shaft in the first 15 minutes of running. So I just locked the front diff and drove 'er in 3 wheel for the rest of the day. Surprisingly, it went NEARLY everywhere Jakeys summit went. Some places were a problem. But for just trail crawling it worked fine. Heres the pics:

We started on my favourite creek section. Usually this has water in the bottom of it and you have to drive around the deep spots. But since its been so dry, the water was gone. Great spot to crawl.

Then we made a stop at one of my favourite rock drops. You can crawl up the back of it... then drive down the face. Its sweet.

Next we found a pretty sweet ledge. It was vertical and sharp with a nice roll up. Jakey managed to get a bit of air. Looked cool.

Finally, a group pic at the point we finally turned around to go home. Jakey's driving the yellow beast that is pretty much ALL stock. This guy hasn't even seen new tires since the day it was unboxed. Stock motor and everything. And it still out runs my dewalt.
    My truck is the green one. T-bone skids, dewalt motor, Futaba servo, thats pretty much it.
    Cody is driving the black Emaxx. Its got an over seas 150amp brushless setup and an EZrun motor. Lots of rpm and some aluminum.

Needless to say, we all ran SPC lipos. Jakey and I ran 8200's and made it a full 2 hours (almost to the minute) without hitting LVC. Cody was running some SPC 5400's and ran a set and a half.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 07-22-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Always fun to have others bash with u! Looks like y'all had a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    E-maxx 3903
    GraveDigger BL power
    Slash CC SCT

Good times.its great having others to challenge and play follow me if you can

Sent using magic and trickery
    Ok it was Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Looks like fun, but you should have had Jakey bring a case of Lipo's up to distribute among the Canadian SPC fans who are not willing to ship via UPS right now...

J/K

I would love to find a spot like that to just go and run for hours with mine.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    cool pics, vid.

that is a sweet e-maxx, and summits.

i might have to get me one of those raptor bodies for my e-maxx.
    Last edited by ajcar; 07-22-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

That emaxx has suffered some SERIOUS abuse at the hands of a 9 year old. Just on that run alone he would blindly jump the truck off rock ledges DIRECTLY into other rocks and roots... stop it dead. But nothing broke. Its a tough truck for sure. Has all the upgrades so that helps. Im not overly impressed with the Raptor body to be honest. But I'm comparing it to a summit body, which is nearly indestructible so its not really fair.

Im very blessed to have great places to run. I think we hiked nearly 8 miles, 4 out and 4 back, with endless spots along side the trail to stop and crawl or jump or whatever. The trail is 20 miles long but I don't have enough packs for that. hehe.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It was a great time! Thank you!!!!!!!

Yeah, Sammy the Jack Russell terrier is tough on RC boats, especially if he gets near one and in this case mine. Heck, Sammy has put holes in my RC trucks and even taken a small RC helicopter out of the air. He can be both fearless and brutal.

Just imagine...... Remote controlled cat
    Lol

Sent using magic and trickery
    Ok it was Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    wish i could crawl with ya guys.... the only other rc owner in this town is my buddy that i convinced to buy a slash, and he never drives it.... it would also be really cool to get a path like that...

Common up to Gods country here in ontario canada. We have nothing but trails and mosquitos... and I could always use another driving buddy.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    its not a kawasaki summit, just the newest version with the green desighned body.... and there is no possible way for me to go to ontario

Too bad kenny... its nice here. Were very polite and let everyone walk all over us because we have no backbone... hehe. But the trails are great.

We did do some minor crawling with the Emaxx. With some heavier weight fluid in the diffs it would have done alot better. But when it gets really technical it would just diff out. Still, impressive for a stock Emaxx really.

the power system in that truck was also impressive. It has a ********* 150amp ESC and an EZrun 2700kv motor geared SUPER low to keep it cool. Jakey and I both commented on how smooth the ********* was for a super cheap (under $70) 1/8 ESC...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    there are some decent spots here.... but they are far away..

RC Qualifier
    great place to run . One of your videos , reminds me this climb : "trip up Lion's Back" MOAB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Gi_aCVtUw

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had to view this thread again just to remind me of the awesome trip to Canada this summer!