RC Racer

My Revo ate my homework!

I've only been running it for about 3 weeks now and then total catastrophic failure. By the time I found out what happened it had already chewed a huge hole in the rubber boot and started to chew into the carb. By this time it ate way to much dirt to restart, so i broke it down and found that the sleeve was already terrible scored. Has anyone ever experienced this?! Is there a recall for this? Or did i forget to do my homework? A new piston, sleeve, and filter housing will run me over $70.. I will be calling traxxas tech support on monday and let everyone know the outcome. I wish it would have really eaten my homework instead...

Um, from what you said, I can't figure out what caused the problem.... But, traxxas should cover the damages because their customer suport is AWSOME!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    My first guess would be a bent or broken engine mount, or chasis around the engine mount area.. Not a very uncommon problem, as lots of people ask the same question on here.

RC Qualifier
    Dude that sucks really. What chewed what? Confused. Did u run without a filter or something?
    I dream of big block power...

RC Racer
    How in the heck did it chew into the carb?? Your chassis has to be bent...

As said earlier, it is not uncommon to bend the chassis and/or break the engine mount and cause the spur to chew the filter neck, and in the worse case the carb.
    It only takes 1 good hit to the engine head during a wreck to break the mount or bend the chassis enough for the spur to come in contact with the filter neck.

I will not run a Revo without a rear wing for protection due to this.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Racer
    The chassis and motor mounts are straight, also i was running the stock filter in the stock location. After closer examination today i saw that all of the spur gear bolts were missing..This really amazed me because i found that there was only one left in it.. when i first purchased the truck, i went thru everything, tightening, replacing, and adjusting anything and everything that needed attention.. So, apparently these bolts need either lock tight, lock washer, or some other type of retainer to resolve this issue.

RC Racer
    Okay, so i called cs today and explained what had happend and his response was inconsiderate, insulting, and demeaning..blaming it all on me and my lack of maintenance, yeah, apparently i was supposed to stop half way thru a tank and check all bolts for tightness.. This reply was such a shock to me (seeing how my last experience was completely opposite) that i will be selling all of my traxxas related r/c's and equipment. Yes, my revo, t-maxx, and slash 4x4 ultimate will all be auctioned off as soon as they are cleaned and in good running order.

RC Champion
    Last edited by kgombe1; 07-26-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Champion
    ummh ok...

good luck with your sale...
    Last edited by kgombe1; 07-26-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: didn't read your last post

RC Qualifier
    you have 2 thread one in tmaxx .. but sorry this has happened to you. why would you sell over 1000 in rc when you could just cut your loss and fix the truck? whats another 100-200 on an motor compared to 1000 plus dollars spent on you fleet
    I dream of big block power...

RC Champion
    He's got one in the slash forum too. I can't believe he's mad because Traxxas wouldn't fix a used second hand truck with damage that was most likely caused by lack of proper maintenance.
    Last edited by Double G; 07-26-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: language
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    most likely
    Being the key words from your brilliant response,....
    Last edited by Double G; 07-26-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: removed bashing

RC Champion
    Somebody seems spoiled....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Two sides to every story. Obviously we get to hear this side of the customer service phone but not the other side.
    Your first post here states you bought the Revo off eBay for 3 bills. You take a risk of the condition of it when purchased and no guarantees that it will be in the condition it said it's in. Let me guess: "well cared for, after-run done after every run, less than a gallon through the engine, etc." So where does the fault lie with Traxxas? I can see if it was new out of the box, but second-hand? No.
    This thread will be going nowhere good...
    Last edited by Double G; 07-26-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    The Super Derecho