RC Enthusiast

Smile Finally GPS confirmed!!

After screwing around to try to figure out how to mount this old android phone to my truck to get a speed run, it is finally done! I have used two separate apps, and they were both fairly consistent. I need to go out to a parking lot tomorrow so I can actually open it up and get a speed reading on it, but tonight I did a couple runs on the dead end road that we live on, and I got a reading of 51 mph. I know I didn't have it opened all of the way up though. Right now I am running an 8200 Mah SPC 3s 30c (I know it is super heavy for this truck, but its the only 3s I had handy), and 18/54 gearing with a center diff on the stock VXL system. I know this isn't very useful to anyone else, but I just wanted to share with someone else at 2:20 AM
    1/10 Dewalt SUMMIT, Lightly upgraded Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    thats a nice setup, i just ask our local cop to clock my rc's hehe

RC Enthusiast
    We actually had a cop clock my old frankenstein truck, and my buddy's E-maxx one time, but the parking lot we were in didn't have enough room to open them up... well without running into the squad car I would like to find another cop to come help us out though

RC Qualifier
    i live in a smaller comunity (EX, 100 miles to the closest Walmart, and 100 miles to our lhs), so there really is never too much going on for a cop in this town, and they actually enjoy coming over and watching us run our rc's =)

RC Champion
    pull the center diff out and run it with the slipper, you'll get higher top end speed.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast
    I would pull the center diff if I didn't want to run on the truck. If this was just strictly a bashing truck, I would change to a Revo-spec slipper, but i really like the way the truck handles on the track with the diff. Thanks for the heads up though! Maybe I will have to throw the slipper in if I gear up and try to do more speed runs since it doesn't take that long to change out.

RC Qualifier
    How will a slipper with the same gear get higher top end?

RC Champion
    i dont know what hes talking about^
    but you would be able to accelirate harder in a shorter distance with the slipper in so in return going faster in a shorter disstance then with center diff

so im guessing thats what he meant
    Last edited by reod12x2; 07-21-2012 at 10:37 AM.