RC Racer

tekno rc axle questions

will the tekno rc axles work with the stock aluminum steering blocks or axle carriers?, what ever you want to call them. i dont want to get rid of the stock aluminum ones for the tekno plastic ones.

RC Competitor
    You will have to put the tekno plastics ones

RC Racer
    is there any other steel axles similar to these? ive seen sc10 axles on a slash but not sure how they made it work

RC Racer
    I can understand not wanting to replace the aluminum ones, but the tekno ones are very beefy and come with a bigger bearing. I ended up putting the aluminum pieces on the rear of my old rustler!
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

RC Qualifier
    you can run stock carriers with tekno axles but you need to get a different bearing. tekno stub axle is larger than stock. It is out there, i have recently spoke with someone who did this.

RC Racer
    That is a good idea^! The stub axle is 1mm larger than stock...so I think that makes it 6mm. If you find a bearing with the same outer diameter as stock but with a inner diameter that matches the tekno it should work fine. Only thing I can think of is the bearing is going to be smaller and not as robust...might not cause any issues though.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Check avid bearings. They carry a lot of odd sizes. Im mobile and can't remember the size or I'd check for ya.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stickychinsac View Post
    you can run stock carriers with tekno axles but you need to get a different bearing. tekno stub axle is larger than stock. It is out there, i have recently spoke with someone who did this.
    +1 you can probably just google the bearing size and find someone who makes it.
    1/10 Dewalt SUMMIT, Lightly upgraded Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    wouldnt that make it less durable? i thought thats why they put a bigger bearing in there

RC Enthusiast
    They put a bigger bearing in because there is a bigger axle inside of it. He wondered if there was a different way to go about it, and that is the way. I'm not really sure if there would be a durability issue as long as you went with a good bearing though...
    1/10 Dewalt SUMMIT, Lightly upgraded Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    alright. i was thinking of getting these over mip but im still not sure which is better

RC Racer
    I wouldn't say one is really much better than the other. Everyone is basically gonna recommend the one that THEY bought. They may or may not have a good reason. I personally don't like the slider shaft design because under torque it can bind up the suspension action. That is probably not a very big factor overall, but combined with the lighter weight and cheaper cost I chose Tekno.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

RC Qualifier
    thats what i was thinking because i also drive in sand and hate the binding of the slider shaft so i was leaning towards tekno but i did want to keep the rpm rear carries and upgrade soon to the aluminum steering stuff. i might look into the bearing option mentioned here

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Check avid bearings. They carry a lot of odd sizes. Im mobile and can't remember the size or I'd check for ya.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Nope Boca Bearings. You'd need 6x11x4mm. They are $3.75 each for green seals.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bzz83 View Post
    I wouldn't say one is really much better than the other. Everyone is basically gonna recommend the one that THEY bought. They may or may not have a good reason. I personally don't like the slider shaft design because under torque it can bind up the suspension action. That is probably not a very big factor overall, but combined with the lighter weight and cheaper cost I chose Tekno.
    I agree with this and that's why I wanted the tekno axles or the team associated axles. I don't like the sliding shaft design either.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Nope Boca Bearings. You'd need 6x11x4mm. They are $3.75 each for green seals.
    I take it you have done this? like everyone has mentioned, was there any durability issues? I ask because this is why companies use oversized bearings (such as the tru-track rpm kit for revo), is for increased durability

RC Qualifier
    and if it was a durability thing would it be a huge problem especially on a 2s tenshock 4000 and 3s?

No I have not tried this. Those bearings would fit but I have raised the possible issue with them more than once, most recently a day or two ago. Personally, I see no reason to not use the Tekno parts.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    check the axles from fast lane machine. they are really nice

RC Qualifier
    Do you run them burn?