RC Competitor

shocks/ride height

Hello everyone. I bought a used Slash 4x4 off ebay that had some weird off brand alum shocks that didn't even work right. Instead of trying to fix some unknown shock I bought some replacement ultra shocks and was using the springs that came with them because my lhs didn't have any of slash springs at the time. After messing with the preload spacers to get the ride height and such right I was able to get the white progressive rate springs, but when I went to put them on I noticed they were quit a bit shorter and now my truck is more or less sitting on the skid plates. So I guess my question is what's normal ride height and such and should I just put the black springs back on it and leave it like that?

RC Champion
    The black spring's are okay. Did you buy the replacement ultra shock's for the slash 4x4? Sound's like you bought rustler or stampede ultra shock's. Never heard of the ultra shock's coming with the black spring's for the slash 4x4.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    my slash 4x4 sit low cuz i have a voraz big bore set up...grey springs n 30w oil

RC Competitor
    All Traxxas trucks with ultra shocks have the same part numbers of 3760 for the long and 3762 for the xx-long. They all come with the same springs.

RC Competitor
    I hope these pics help explain the problem

all shocks

front shocks

rear shocks

RC Champion
    I try and get the ride hieght so A-Arms are Level after truck is dropped 2-3 times from about 3ft

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4