RC Competitor

bought a slayer is it new slayer pro ? original slayer? HELP.

Hello to all traxass heads, ,I am a newbie to traxass, but not rc world, done everything from boats ,cars ,trucks, and planes right now , just bought slayer , it has no instruction manual and a spectrum transmitter,have read as much as i can ,but just not sure, want to get trans with docking station but i need to know for sure what i have,this is what i know, frame blue , it was the 2075 servos ,from inside right tire ,inside left tire 8 3 quartes inch ,,it has the t/a bf goodrich mud terrain tires with the red hubs,,3.3 engine ,muffler is polished traxass r resionator 5493 t ,dc,r ,the body that covers truck is 22.5 inches its got the big trx bumpers on it also.I hopes this helps ,if anything u might need to know that might help feel free to ask. I A PPRECIATE ANYONE THOUGHTS OR IDEA THANK U .APPRECIATE YOUR TIME TO LOOK.

Welcome to the fourms! Also welcome to the Slayer foums! Judging from what you wrote, I would say it's a Slayer Pro. The Slayer Pro has the blue chassis, the BFGoodrich tires, and the 3.3 and the resionator ehaust pipe. But, you never know, it be a orginal Slayer tha's been convered to Pro specs.... IF you want to read the manuel, here is the link to it. http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...7_manual_0.pdf If you need anything else, just ask! Me and everyone else is happy to help!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Thank you so much for your response ,supposedly has one tank run thruogh starting break in process ,did also talk to traxass tech he also said pro but ,not really sure ,thats why i came here i figured someone here could tell me, nothing should have been changed ,when bought add said slayer 3.3 brand new si i figured it was pro .THANK U EVERYONE THAT HELPED,if pro will it already be telementry ready?

,if pro will it already be telementry ready?
    If it came with a black Tqi remote, then it's telementry ready. If it's not the Tqi, and it'd the normal 2.4gz radio, you will need to get the Tqi remote and receiver. Good luck!

RC Champion
    He said it came with a spectrum transmitter, not a Traxxas one.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Qualifier
    welcome new traxxas guy . can u put a pic of it up here on the threads??

RC Qualifier
    nothing beats a small temp gun and a radar gun for precise readings! telementry is just extra stuff on your rig not needed or that will fail.. just my opinion. Have fun with it enjoy

He said it came with a spectrum transmitter, not a Traxxas one.
    Oh I knew that, but you can still tell what it was by looking at the receiver... Unless he changed that too... Enjoy your Slayer!

RC Champion

If yours looks like these pictures, you have the pro or someone converted one to a pro

Geez, I have too much time on my hands!!!
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 09-21-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: punch line