RC poster

why buy a buku clutch ?

some questions about the buku clutch.

are there any reason to get one if i only bash with my revo ?

and if so? how is the durability comparing to the stock clutch shoes?

by that im thinking in $$, since i need to buy the clutch, flywheel and vented clutch bell, and that is going to cost me the same as a couple of stock clutches.

so plzz enlighten me here boys, cause i hate the stock clutch with a passion, especially the spring.

Regards

Drongur

RC Qualifier
    I only bash my revo n I run a buku clutch. It's worth the money imo. I have the one with the brass composite shoes. The clutch comes assembled on the flywheel. It's easy 2 adjust n I notice a difference right away. Also I have about a gallon on it n it still looks brand new. I won't be surprised if it out lasted my engine.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Racer
    very simple...........BUY IT. best and last clutch you will buy. I have two, one for the big block and one for the small block. the clutch has outlasted 3 motors. IMO: one of the best buys you will make.
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Competitor
    I have the Buku aluminum composite shoe speed tune clutch. There is no looking back for me. They put the stock clutch to shame. There actually is no comparison whatsoever. Buku makes flat out KILLER clutches and Revo gene said it best....."one of the best buys you will make" It certainly was for me
    "Don't hesitate...Accelerate!"

So I happen to notice you guys really haven't answered the question aside from how long it lasts, what makes it better than a stocker? Does it give smoother engagement, or more grip? Does it make the truck faster or more powerful?

I really don't like the stock setup, but I would have a hard time dropping a lot of money on a clutch without a good understanding of what I am getting.
    Last edited by rjm2519; 07-26-2012 at 01:49 AM.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    So I happen to notice you guys really haven't answered the question aside from how long it lasts, what makes it better than a stocker? Does it give smoother engagement, or more grip? Does it make the truck faster or more powerful?

I really don't like the stock setup, but I would have a hard time dropping a lot of money on a clutch without a good understanding of what I am getting.
    Here you go man...This is a Thread I posted after I insatalled my Buku. I hope this answers all of your questions. It pretty much covers the difference between stock and what the noticable differences are.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ed-Tune-Clutch
    "Don't hesitate...Accelerate!"

RC Qualifier
    Lsn I gotta get one of these. I went threw 2 of the stick ones.
    I dream of big block power...

Looks like its going on my wishlist, is their a part number specific to a big block conversion or will the revo clutch work fine?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Looks like its going on my wishlist, is their a part number specific to a big block conversion or will the revo clutch work fine?
    Revo small block clutch will not work. I didn't see a part number on there website. They do have a specific clutch for the BB. On my wish list too
    I dream of big block power...

RC Champion
    Where can I find vented clutch bells

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Where can I find vented clutch bells
    EBay, Ofna, A main, tower hobbies etc etc...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    I just received my BUKU Clutch in the mail and installed it on my Jato and its GREAT!. I also had the same question about where to get the vented bell. Go to the BUKU CLUTCH web site, http://www.bukupower.com/ look the number up under Contact Us and give them a call. The person I spoke to was very helpful and friendly. He told me that the Jato would not need a vented bell because it would never reach the temp to destroy the clutch. The vented bell is more for the bigger rc trucks that are heavier than the jato. My suggestion is to call BUKU and tell them what you are installing the clutch on and they will let you know if a vented bell is needed or not.

I would say the revo is that heavier truck they were talking about, LOL! Good to hear their service is awesome though.

RC poster
    sorry for necro posting, but i dont see the point in starting a new thread.. I bought a gtp2 chassis and an axial 32 engine that has no clutches, springs, or bells. SO im going to buy the buku kit, but I am not sure what bell to get. any suggestions?

RC Champion
    Why buy a buku? They are nice, but it's adjustabilty that makes them great. IMO, the m2c is just as good for less money, but you have to take it apart to adjust it....no big deal to me, I haz spring tool.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum