another mip cvd question

so my question is...if you have the new axle wihout the pin, what 1/8 wheel adapters will work with them?
    ERBE, 8ight, 8ight-t, b4,b44, scte, slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

thanks for the link, but those look like they have the axle with a pin in them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got your point, I think you should contact them in that case.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 07-18-2012 at 07:13 AM.

RC Champion
    but don't the adapter's use the pin like other adapter's. If there is no pin then the adapter doesn't have anything to lock onto. Unless I'm missing something.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I guess they still haven't come up with the new hex adapter for the pinless hex system.

the only one i could see working for these are the flm adapters, which fit over the 12mm existing hex.

I try to stay out of all the MIP threads, and I realize you have chosen them, but I will mention here that the Tekno 17mm adapters look to be modeled on 5B axles and are excellent. The 17mm nuts are grippy enough to remove tiny pieces of buggy wheel every time they are removed. SC tires are great for scale looks and racing, but 17mm buggy tires are better performers in almost every category.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I try to stay out of all the MIP threads, and I realize you have chosen them, but I will mention here that the Tekno 17mm adapters look to be modeled on 5B axles and are excellent. The 17mm nuts are grippy enough to remove tiny pieces of buggy wheel every time they are removed. SC tires are great for scale looks and racing, but 17mm buggy tires are better performers in almost every category.
    i'm interested in the teknos, my only concern is the rear axle carriers being plastic. i'd really like to be able to use the platinum sets. otherwise, i'd get them in a heartbeat. EDIT: sorry, i though you were reffering to the cvds. it's still early. i'll check them out, thanks!
    Last edited by vxlrocket; 07-18-2012 at 08:04 AM.

RC Racer
    I talked to matt at mip a few weeks ago, and he said mip is still developing there hex adapters. He recommended the flm set, and are flawless
    4Pede ,MM-2650,Protrac, Power strokes,3s 8200= fun

Quote Originally Posted by msawyer110 View Post
    I talked to matt at mip a few weeks ago, and he said mip is still developing there hex adapters. He recommended the flm set, and are flawless
    thanks! i thought that's what you were using, but couldn't remember for sure. i'm glad i bought them. whatever they end up on, it seems like they are the most versitile set available.

RC Champion
    I have the Mip adapters already. I'm in the same boat right now. Trying to figure out what to do myself!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    thanks! i thought that's what you were using, but couldn't remember for sure. i'm glad i bought them. whatever they end up on, it seems like they are the most versitile set available.
    Ya dude they are solid. I havent even bothered checking if my flm wheel nuts are tight. When i put em on the first day i could tell it was a done deal.
    4Pede ,MM-2650,Protrac, Power strokes,3s 8200= fun

Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    i'm interested in the teknos, my only concern is the rear axle carriers being plastic. i'd really like to be able to use the platinum sets. otherwise, i'd get them in a heartbeat. EDIT: sorry, i though you were reffering to the cvds. it's still early. i'll check them out, thanks!
    No, you were correct, I think. I was referring to the whole driveshaft setup, from output yokes to axle.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    The new design is great for 12mm hubs. I have to send my mip 17 mm adapters in to be modified to fir the newly designed axles...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    I am using FastLaneMachine (FLM) 17mm hex adapters on my None-Pin MIP axles, and they are great.
    I bought directly from their site, but currently 'not available'.

found these on ebay, not sure if they are original: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLM-Extended...-/280877697149

Or here: http://www.rcdirectonline.com/produc...FLM-21100.html

And Matt at MIP recommends the FLM 17mm adapters since it's the only one currently fit on their axles
    Last edited by hskb; 07-19-2012 at 01:01 PM.