RC Enthusiast

Cleaning the air filter- MX Filter cleaner and oil?

Hi there! I know I have been posting a lot of new threads, but I am new to the hobby/sport and have many questions. I have a TMAXX 3.3 that I bought in a shoebox 11 days ago. I have been running it for a while now and between the minor hiccups and flips, the air filter has become rather nasty. It has probably 40 minutes of run time with the new filter, but I still want to clean it. (higher frequented maintenance never hurt anyone!)
    My LHS currently does not have any filter cleaner/oil for traxxas filters (On backorder) But I do have No-Toil 2 stroke Motocross bike air filter cleaner and oil. (2 seperate bottles) Is it safe to use this on my Rc Car's filter? I use it faithfully and trustingly on my 2006 yamaha yz125 and my 1981 yamaha DT100 without any issues.
    Is it safe? What can I use as a substitute?
    Thanks! Kyle.

It has probably 40 minutes of run time with the new filter, but I still want to clean it. (higher frequented maintenance never hurt anyone!)
    I live by that saying, LOL. Using that oil should be fine to use on your air filters. As long as it doesn't have any harsh chemicals in it that will damage the foam filter element, you should be fine.
    Thanks! Kyle.
    LOL! Kyle is my name too, it's sure nice meeting some one else with the same name!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Competitor
    I use K&N Air filter oil. Haha, You should be good.

RC Racer
    you dont need HEAPS of oil, just enough so that it picks up little peices of dirt on the filter. heck WD40 or normal engine oil would work some what if you were stuck with nothing else.

look into the Motor Saver airflilter. I find it alot better (cant really notice a power difference) in terms of cleaning.. i hardly have to clean the filter element at all! Can go the whole day without changing it (check it and its not dirty)
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.