RC poster

what batteries shld i buy??

Hi i have an erevo with the batteries it comes with but wld like 2 get more play time and faster speed out of my erevo. So i wld like 2 know what would b the best 2 go wit? It has the the double 550 titan on it what fo u all think? And id like a better charger as well. What batteries and charger should i go with?

RC Champion
    Well if you want to stick with nimh get some Traxxas power cell 5000mah 7 cells. Those are great batteries. They will give you a good amount more run time but very little more power.
    You can't use lipo batteries with the evx-2 esc you have unless it is the one with lvc.
    A fantastic charger to get would be the onyx 245. It can charge lipos and nimh, and two at a time, so you'll have two batteries charged in the time it took to charge one before.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    You could get an lvd also and run lipos.

RC Qualifier
    I have held off buying a set of LiPo batteries for over six years - just bought two packs two weeks ago - and have to say they really do make a huge improvement - they're more consistent, deliver more current, and delivery more run time. I never ran LiPo with the brushed motors, but I'd imagine you run the risk of burning them out at the higher currents involved.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    I have held off buying a set of LiPo batteries for over six years - just bought two packs two weeks ago - and have to say they really do make a huge improvement - they're more consistent, deliver more current, and delivery more run time. I never ran LiPo with the brushed motors, but I'd imagine you run the risk of burning them out at the higher currents involved.
    If a brushed motor is damaged while running LiPo, it is typically the result excessive motor heat due to the longer runtimes made possible by larger LiPo capacities.

RC poster
    Lvd can be good option for your battery solution.