RC poster

Traxxas Slash and merv?

Hi guys, i have got a hpi nitro truck and it is my birthday coming up soon and i want an other truck. I want a traxxas and the trucks i am looking at are: Traxxas slash 4x4, slash 2wd and merv (all would be brushless). I only bash on concrete and dirt. I know it is a bit weird looking at the 2wd when i can buy the 4x4 but if i got the 4x4 i would not be able to buy any upgrades or extras, but if i got the 2wd i would! I am also looking at the merv because i am just going on concrete and dirt and i didn't think it would matter having small wheels. I will be jumping it and i am not that experienced so i will be crashing it alot.
    Please give suggestions and reasons and i am open to different trucks and stuff. Thank you!

RC Qualifier
    Are you talking about 1/16th or 1/10th? I just bought a 1/16th revo and I love it. Not the best off road out of the box but get some better tires and it'll make a huge difference.
    Stampede VXL
    Merv VXL

RC Champion
    I would get the merv. Awesome on road basher, and it can do ok off road.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by flanders125 View Post
    Are you talking about 1/16th or 1/10th? I just bought a 1/16th revo and I love it. Not the best off road out of the box but get some better tires and it'll make a huge difference.
    Thanks for the reply i was talking about the slashes as 1/10 and the e-revo as 1 16

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by minirevobasher View Post
    I would get the merv. Awesome on road basher, and it can do ok off road.
    Thanks for this reply i will not be bashing off road that much so it probs is a good choise

RC Champion
    I would get the merv. Its a blast on road but off road it can get bounced around a little
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    I would get the 1/16 slash. So I did.

In all seriousness the slash mini is awesome. I got a set of nitro foams for onroad and a set of losi 1/14 buggy wheels for offroad. Under 50 bucks total for both sets or rims and tires.

It excels at drifting with the foams.