RC poster

Angry Firmware Upgrade Fails

I just purchased a new TQi from the local hobby shop. Got home, replaced the receiver in my car, put the batteries in the transmitter and turned it on. All was good. I then downloaded the Traxxas Link App and as soon as the transmitter is connected, it tells me I have to upgrade the firmware to continue. I select the only available option, 'Proceed', which brings me to the version information screen. It finds the transmitter successfully with '2.0.44 to 2.1.56' next to it. The bottom button turns blue and says 'Touch Here to Proceed With The Firmware Update'. Selecting it brings me to a new screen with a single centered button saying 'Begin Update'. I select the button and the status label changes to 'Getting information from transmitter...' Almost immediately it changes to 'No response to the last packet. Retrying...'. After a moment, the screen changes to say 'Failed after too many retries. Please turn off and on the transmitter and vehicle and try again.' with a new button saying 'Retry Update'. If I select retry, same thing happens.

I have tried power cycling both the transmitter and receiver. Uninstalling/Reinstalling the iPhone app. Rebooting the iPhone. Resetting the model memory of the transmitter to factory defaults and rebinding the transmitter and receiver. It will not install the update and it's extremely disappointing. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Tim

An issue like this is probably best handled by the Traxxas Customer Support team.
    In the US: 1-888-TRAXXAS (1-888-872-9927)
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    The same problem here... Update .77

Traxxas Employee
    Go to the app store and update to the newest version of the app. There is a fix in the new update to take that bug out.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TrxRichard View Post
    Go to the app store and update to the newest version of the app. There is a fix in the new update to take that bug out.
    I've tryed that too yesterday and now again and had the same results..
    Will traxxas ignore that issue???

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/fotosz.png/
    Last edited by csnakagi; 09-08-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Traxxas Employee
    I would suggest calling Traxxas. 1-888-Traxxas

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TrxRichard View Post
    I would suggest calling Traxxas. 1-888-Traxxas
    That's possible if i had a fluent english... But i haven't...
    And i'm from Brasil...

RC poster
    Ok... I've trainned my english with Traxxas suport yesterday... And they asked me to send my Tx to then...
    But i was thinking about it and i believe it pays to buy a new one...

RC Racer
    well heck, if you dont want the old one send it to me... I will take it off your hands..
    1/10 Titan 775 bandit COMPLETED!!

RC poster
    I boght a new one and it's ok now... And bought another one without dok base to take the radio and install the old dock...

RC poster
    I am on the third tqi my lhs has been good replacing mine ,but we went to the races yesterday and the thing just quits working. The light wont come on or anything this has happened with three different transmitters and always the same trouble help?

RC poster
    I had the same issue where I connected my iPod to the TX and did the firmware update. It killed the whole TX to where it wouldn't even power on. I called Traxxas, they were aware of the situation, gave me an RMA and I sent it back to them. They promptly sent me a new TX. This time, when I did the firmware update, I made sure the TX and RX were both turned on and sitting right next to each other. The firmware updated without any issues and continues to work fine to this day. My advice, make sure both TX and RX are powered on before you do the update.