Thread: Lipo Charging

RC Racer

Lipo Charging

so I finally have time to charge my 2s 7600Mah but my charger only goes up 5000mah!
    is it okay to charge like this?
    will it hurt anything?
    Nexstar Mini,Super RS4,ERBE,MERV, Original T-maxx

its ok to charge it at only 5amps its just going to take longer is all. it will actually prolong the life of your lipo like that instead of charging it at 1C/7.6amps just a little longer. traxxas lipos are able to charge at 2C max so that would be 15.2amps which is alot but not needed at all.

also make sure your charger is lipo capable also with a balance mode either built in or get one like an external one blinky has one i think or simply buy a traxxas ez peak plus which is a good charger i hear can be bought on ebay for 79shipped. when your lipo hits the 5000mah mark as u stated then start another charge cycle to fill it the rest of the way.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 07-15-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

when your lipo hits the 5000mah mark as u stated then start another charge cycle to fill it the rest of the way

depends on the charger, & the starting voltage
    my 208B charging two 9000 mAh in parallel starting at 3.7ish volts, puts in well over 11,000 mAh. all on one charge cycle..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I have a triton eq charger has a built in balancer with balance cards which fit traxxas batteries!
    Because last night I only charged both batteries (separately) with one cycle!!!!

will this charger require two cycles?

I use it for my airplane batteries, should I get a different charger?

RC Racer
    so I called traxxas and they said to charge batteries twice so I put them on the charger for he second go around and one charged for 4 minutes and the other for 5 minutes, does that mean it's working or not?

There is no real way to know without getting into support for non-Traxxas products, which is not allowed here.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =