RC Competitor

Easy peak charger question...

I've sent a email to Traxxas asking two questions on Tuesday and have not received and answer yet. So I figured I'd ask on here.

Would I be able to use the charger to charge 2 identical batteries at the same time? Also, how many DC amps does it DRAW when charging? It would be nice to have a separate circuit in my car for charging my batteries while on the road, or even while running them somewhere without a 120V power source. I would just add a high amperage 12V socket to the end of the leads on the charger and add one or two in my car and/camper instead of hooking straight to the battery.

The reason i ask is because I like to make sure things are fused and safe when doing anything electrical.

RC Qualifier
    Have you checked your email's spam/junk mail folder? I emailed them with questions also and that's where they ended up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I added them to my adress book and I haven't gotten anything in my junk folder.

RC Competitor
    Just got an email back and they don't know the current draw it uses to charge a battery, but they did say that it can only charge one battery at a time... Now to figure out the draw so I can run it on a fused circuit in my car...

Anyone?

RC Qualifier
    Do you mean the EZ Peak Plus? If so any way you hook it up you're fine. Either a power inverter or modifying a cigarette lighter to run it off dc will only pull at MOST a little over 6 amps (80w PSU / 13v for car = 6-7amps). Even if you do the cigarette lighter DC route and charge a 3s or 4s, even if it does a full 6 amp charge to that voltage its still only 100w, which the receptacles in all cars are capable of. I think most have a 15amp fuse, 10amp at the least which even then is good for about 130-140w.

I too like to play it safe, and on a 10amp circuit wouldn't want to go any higher than an 8 or so draw, but in this case I think you're fine. Also, if you're talking about one of the lesser ez peak models, you're more than fine, as you could probably power one of those with a potato

I personally have a 400w continous/800w peak AC inverter direct wired to my battery with 4ga wire, so you can tell how overkill I am. I would really run it off the cig lighter DC because using the AC thing is redundant, but my lighter is taken up by my radar detector, solar panel trickle charger, and cell phone dock (3 way splitter )
    P2de VXL - Summit