RC poster

binding issue on TQi

I have a 1/16 e-revo vxl brushless and bought a 4 channel TQi Transmitter with 6518 Receiver. When i was trying to bind it the transmitter and the receiver started blinking red really fast. The battery on both were fully charge. I have no idea what is going on. Could someone please help me out? Thanks
    Last edited by BunsoAko; 07-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ok I just figured it out. hold set button on transmitter... then turn the transmitter on... release set button... hold button on the reciever on the merv... turn merv power on... then release.... lights on both things should be green and good to go
    ERBE, MERV BB

i know bumping your thread mote often than once per day in other forums here will result in your thread being deleted and action sought against you

RC poster
    I have tried that but it didn't work. I ran to another problem. When I took the servo connection from the receiver I was able to bind the transmitter and receiver but when i put it back the red light in the receiver started blinking red rapidly. Do you know what that is happening?

RC Enthusiast
    I am having the same problem hopefully someone can chime in....

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Bad servo.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    I figured it out... I do not know why but I had to do the opposite... turn on the TQi link first then the TQi radio control; , but, now it works flawlessly...

RC Qualifier
    Always transmitter on first, off last
    Merv: Neu, MMP

RC Racer
    can drive around the apartment with it hooked up and no issues. only does it when so far away from me.

RC Racer
    im having similer issues to this

RC poster
    I have the TQI telemetry on my jato got it to bind, I have 3 other models that I want to put on the transmitter but can't get them to bind. I have the 6518 reciever and followed all steps for binding, no luck. can someone help me with this problem. I have also updated firmware.