RC Racer

tx and rx crystal question

okay, i'm using a tq2 and tq3 transmitter and receiver for most of my cars, i have found that i'm constantly running out of crystals, and that i have 3 red tx crystals, and only one red rx crystal
    my question was can i run the tx crystals in my receiver and the rx in my transmitter or are the crystals specalized just trying to save a few$$$$
    thanks!
    i tried horses, but i prefer nitro's

i've done it before without issue. try it out as long as you have the casing so keep dirt from getting inside the tx then its ok. they are the same crystal jus one uses the housing is all. just be sure you dont run 2 red's at the same time or you will be trying to control 2 trucks done that too many times lol.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by horseguy84 View Post
    okay, i'm using a tq2 and tq3 transmitter and receiver for most of my cars, i have found that i'm constantly running out of crystals, and that i have 3 red tx crystals, and only one red rx crystal
    my question was can i run the tx crystals in my receiver and the rx in my transmitter or are the crystals specalized just trying to save a few$$$$
    thanks!
    Im a newbie so bear with me if i ask... what are you guys talking about? crystals? I am trying to use my transmitter to control both slash and rustler. Can you guys help me? What should i need to do?
    SLASH 4X4, SLASH 2WD, RUSTLER VXL, TMAXX 2.5R

Quote Originally Posted by BISDAK View Post
    Im a newbie so bear with me if i ask... what are you guys talking about? crystals? I am trying to use my transmitter to control both slash and rustler. Can you guys help me? What should i need to do?
    They're talking about the older AM radios that used removable crystals to change the channel. The 2.4 radios do it electronically.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by horseguy84 View Post
    my question was can i run the tx crystals in my receiver and the rx in my transmitter
    Yes, you can!
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    They're talking about the older AM radios that used removable crystals to change the channel. The 2.4 radios do it electronically.
    Tanks O.G.
    SLASH 4X4, SLASH 2WD, RUSTLER VXL, TMAXX 2.5R