RC Champion

Aluminium revo shock cap's.

hey guy's love the revo, but I don't own one. Doing a little rally project with my slash 4x4 using revo shock's and was wondering if any of you think that aluminium cap's would be a good upgrade for them. Not sure about using them on these shock;'s but I know the ultra shock's suffer from not having aluminium cap's. First post in this section as they will not allow it in the slash section as it is not slash based.

Thank's in advance.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

I have a new set & a set I tried & couldn't get them to stop leaking, idk what I was doing wrong....?
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I have a new set & a set I tried & couldn't get them to stop leaking, idk what I was doing wrong....?
    I second the aluminum cap thing. On my hot racing shocks, they originally came with caps that had a hole in them for bleeding and bladders. Well, the bladders would not stay seated and so I kept blowing the shocks. I contacted them, and they sent me out a new set that did not have holes in them, and they are working awesome now. I also tried to put them on the gtr shocks and what I believe is happening is the oring that is inside of them is too small to seal to them properly. I would lay down money 87gn that is what your problem is as well. Another solution would be to turn down the end of the cap so it doesn't screw down so far onto the shock body and then I think it would seal fine. As of now I gutted my GTR shocks and installed all of the pieces as well as a variable damping kit in my hot racing shocks. I did this for two reasons. One, the shock body itself is alot stronger and has a ton of threads for adjusting your suspension. And two, the stock internals for the hot racing shocks are crap. The shafts are weak and they didnt even come with a lock nut and after two runs the nut that holds the piston came loose and popped off. Overall I am very happy with my "hybrid" shocks now!!

I will have to try lathing off idk .020 the cap & try them again.....it's a mess if they leak, have to try one first.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4951311
    Would you go flip my truck back over??