RC Racer

Do the Slash 4x4 is better than mini revo ???

Hi, I have already two rc cars, one is mini revo vxl, and other is rally vxl on road drifft. Both is 1/16 size.

These two cars that I have to me is very difficult to me to do maintanance because the pieces are very small and it requires a good work to change the broken parts.

Then I am thinking to buy another car from traxxas that is easier to change the parts when it is broken, and also that there is low maintenance.

I would liked the car can be eletric.

Sorry I am using google tranlator to help me.

Hope some one can help me.

Regards

RC Qualifier
    Yes the repairs will be easier for you, Once i got my slash and rustler i was like wow this is much easier to work on ( I have pretty big hands) lol
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Enthusiast
    It does not take much to fix anything on the Slash, it is really simple to work on with basic knowledge. The slash also will take a lot of punishment so you should not have to repair it that often. I have had mine now for some time and only have broken a couple of axels (my fault not the truck's) while I am running 3s lip's, and even then it only takes about 5 min to replace a busted axel and you are back up and running.

RC Qualifier
    I have a 1/16 Digger and a Slash 4x4 and the Slash is much easier to work on... 4 screws to pull the rear section off and 5 screws to pull the front section off. I would highly recommend the the Slash 4x4, you wont be disapointed
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Champion
    I think the biggest pain in the slash 4x4, is switching the spur gear in the slipper clutch if you strip a spur.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    I think the biggest pain in the slash 4x4, is switching the spur gear in the slipper clutch if you strip a spur.

Do you recommend replacing with aluminum spur?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg903 View Post
    Do you recommend replacing with aluminum spur?
    You should stay with stock spur gears. They are about $3 to replace and are meant to be the "weak link" in the drivetrain... If you switch to aluminum it will move the stress to another more expensive part of your drivetrain
    No Limit RC of Maryland