RC poster

Slash 4x4 rtr or slash 4x4 ultimate

The hobby shop by my house has both in stock and I'm looking to pick up a slash 4x4. Just looking for some insight on what would be better to get? Im more into bashing but want to take it down on a race day and race a couple of times. would it be worth getting the ultimate because of all of the upgrades or getting the rtr and putting all of the upgrades onto it? Their website says that the platinum is out of stock but I'm thinking of seeing when they will have it in stock because i have an old rustler that i can take the tx/rx off of but if they don't know when the platinum will be in stock which should i go with, the ultimate or rtr?

RC Champion
    Its worth gettting the ultimate because it will cost more if you buy the upgrades yourself
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC poster
    Ok cool Thanks for the help

RC Enthusiast
    Ultimate.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Ultimate because, well it's the Ultimate.

RC Enthusiast
    Ultimate. x3

How many dollars in upgrades are on the Ultimate?

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    shock's 40.00
    rear carriers 20
    c hub's 39
    steering blocks 26
    motor mount 35
    swaybars 23
    center diff 38

these are all price's from a well known and trusted online hobby store.

Slash 4x4 rtr, 420.00
    slash 4x4 ultimate 555

so getting the ultimate for an extra 135 over the base rtr, you get over 200 in aluminium part's for 135 buck's. Well worth it.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    shock's 40.00
    rear carriers 20
    c hub's 39
    steering blocks 26
    motor mount 35
    swaybars 23
    center diff 38

these are all price's from a well known and trusted online hobby store.

Slash 4x4 rtr, 420.00
    slash 4x4 ultimate 555

so getting the ultimate for an extra 135 over the base rtr, you get over 200 in aluminium part's for 135 buck's. Well worth it.
    thats what a guy said at my lhs, how much money there is in upgrades, i coulnt wait till christmas, so i hunted on criagislist and got an ultimate with powerstroke shocks for $130

Wow that's a good deal especially considering they're already installed. That's a lot of work saved. And if you ordered parts off the internet, you'd pay shipping costs too.

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler

RC poster
    So I'm going to my lhs to see how much the ultimate costs there. Tower hobbies has it for $544 and free shipping. I know I'm going to just want to buy it at my lhs so i can take it home and drive it instantly but if it is a lot more money I'm probably going to order it online

RC Racer
    and theres also the TQi Radio System and Docking Base

RC Racer
    Or if you already have a battery and controller and receiver you can get the platinum just install those things and paint the body and its the same price as the rtr with the upgrades of the ultimate

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustler_vxl_3396 View Post
    Or if you already have a battery and controller and receiver you can get the platinum just install those things and paint the body and its the same price as the rtr with the upgrades of the ultimate
    My lhs only had the slash 2wd in stock and i asked if they were going to be getting the platinum edition in stock again and the guy behind the counter said they are discontinuing the platinum. If tower hobbies gets it in stock I'm going to order it from there because i already have everything i would need

RC poster
    I dont understand why they would discontinue the PE it make no sense, espcially for the ones that have all the stuff they need to run it i am looking at the PE and i read this thread. i am not very happy with this. if you dont need the radio and lipos its not worth spending the same amount on the rtr to get another tx/rx and a nimh when you already have the equipment to run it.

I want to order an PE roller off ebay for $218 but I'm in the middle of a Rusty build and can't swing it right now. I planned to get a Viper 4-pole system for $150 and a receiver for my futaba 3pl for $30 and I'd be golden. I already have basher lids in the closet and plenty of wheels.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RCbashing4LIFE View Post
    I dont understand why they would discontinue the PE it make no sense, espcially for the ones that have all the stuff they need to run it i am looking at the PE and i read this thread. i am not very happy with this. if you dont need the radio and lipos its not worth spending the same amount on the rtr to get another tx/rx and a nimh when you already have the equipment to run it.
    Thats what I'm saying and i don't really have the money to go out and spend over $500 on a new car right now so i guess ill just have to wait until christmas to get one

RC Champion
    If your still looking, i looked on ebay and found this one-http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Slash-4x4-Platinum-/280923712220?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item41 685baadc

RC Racer
    hobby people has the ultimate on sale for 489.00 $. just bought one myself