RC Enthusiast

Thumbs up new e ervo and loving it

i just got my new ervo, and im in love with this car. i started out with a 2wd slash and i had to have m.ore, so let me tell you, i got it with the revo. the power, handling, look the hole nine yards.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome, I got mine yesterday! But I can't drive it because the radio wont even turn on!
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC poster
    Nice, throw two 3 cell packs in and watch it fly from personal experience i'd recommend getting RPM a-arms and summit CVDs

RC Qualifier
    Love mine too. Picked it up last week. I put 3s in mine and it screams !! Purchased the summit CVD's just haven't had the chance to install them yet. also bought different pinion and spur just don't know if I want more bottom end or more top end. Has too much bottom end now.... if there is such a thing as too much

RC Competitor
    Ive had my new one for a week now as well. Same for me, had a Rustler VXL and wanted more power as well. Im running stock everything 18/68, etc. Except using 3S 5A 40C and it is phenomenal. I have the mamba set to 3.4 LVC and have the punch set high at 70% and still have problems keeping the lid right side up, amazing.

RC Enthusiast
    how userfriendly is is the APP. form CC to make changes in your ESC. cause id like to fixes mine a little.

third link Castle link

AOD's links......

Erevo 101:
    EREVO FAQ

Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE

Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS

Direct from Castle Creations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

Driver's ED Manual

LED warning light meanings
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Castle link is very easy to use.

Plug your esc into the adapter, plug usb port into your pc, start software.

If you know how to use Windows, you know how to use the software.

I second the Summit shafts, but you can wait until the stock shafts wear out. Which may be sooner rather than later if you put 6s in it right away.
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 07-14-2012 at 06:28 AM.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    I second the Summit shafts, but you can wait until the stock shafts wear out. Which may be sooner rather than later if you put 6s in it right away.
    I totally agree with this...I run 6s and it shredded the stock cvd's. Been running summit for sometime now with no issues.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    i have not had any issues, but im only running 4s and not doing any big air jumps with it. however, i do have one question? is the ESC fan post to be on all the time of running, or does it only turn on when the ESC start to get hot? other then that i think the revo is the best made truck traxxas has out IMO. i did notice today when i was charging my btts. that the cells are lower at 3.2 rather then 3.5 that i normaly see that one thing i would like to chang, little to low for me.

Motor ~ 180/190*F (82/88*C) maximum, ideally 140/160*F (60/71*C), temps can be 10*F higher inside the motor
    ESC ~ pretty much same temps / Fan comes on @ 150*F (65*C)
    Lipo's ~ 140*F (60*C) max, ideally 100/120*F (38/49*C).........

3.2 is a bit low I agree
    Would you go flip my truck back over??