Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    looking very nice! congratulations, and great job!
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I finally got the last bit of my gravel moved around today. Another gorgeous day out, so I stayed up after work and enjoyed the last of nice weather outside. Not too exciting, but I wanted to get this project done before the snow flies. I wanted to be able to park all three cars off the street and have room for guests to do the same. Hate digging out cars after a plow truck buries them!! The alley beside my house is rarely used, but the street in front is fairly busy. That's pretty much it for today's update. Next week, (I hope) I'll get my shed and project garage clean out can begin. Gotta get the Mustang in the before winter, and it's packed right now.....

Room in front of the garage....

And beside.....

My wife thought it was too large of an area; nope, just right!

I also added a little insurance to keep things level for my shed foundation. I have a lillte more dirt to move to fill that gap in. I know it looks crooked, but a level says otherwise. Even standing in the street, it looks off, but it's good.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I got a surprise delivery today. We called the place making our shed to see if they were going to be able to deliver it tomorrow because of the effects of the hurricane. They said things would be pushed back because the rain was only going to get harder and the wind stronger. They had some cancellations today because people didn't want their yards to get messed up. My yard is going to get a makeover in the spring, so I said if they were willing to bring it, I would gladly accept it. Pretty cool trailer system they had. It had a set of wheels that faced perpendicular to the axle on the trailer with hydraulics to lift the whole thing to move it side to side and line it up. He operated it with a hand held remote control and put it right in place. Pretty cool!

RC Champion
    Still raining, raining, raining here. Actually it's been a mixture of rain and snow since around sunset last night. The good thing is I only found one small leak. Just a pinhole that I have to hit with the drylock once things dry out. I did find a problem in the basement that is completely unrelated to the outside conditions. I noticed early on that the remaining cast iron drain pipe from the upstairs bathroom had a couple of pinholes in it. No problem; I just put a little tube of JB Weld on the holes, and the problem went away. The other day I was downstairs while my wife was taking a shower and I noticed that my leak was back. I kind of picked at some of it and the leak got worse. After she was done, I inspected further and discovered that there is a crack along the entire thing that was patched, smoothed out and painted. I didn't even notice it before. Now that my lighting is much better, I can see it. Wish my home inspector would have noticed that!! Wouldn't have deterred me, but maybe the seller could have contributed to it's repair. I think for now, I'm gonna get all the old patch out of there and clean it up and repair the crack with some JB putty sticks. That will buy me some time until I can get it fixed permanently. The good thing is, the floor drain for the basement is about a foot away and downhill from the pipe. I know I could (probably) handle this myself, but a six foot section of 4" cast iron pipe probably weighs several hundred pounds. If it was horizontal instead of totally vertical, it would be an easier repair. I think I'll call a professional in on this. It could be I will have to jack hammer part of the floor and replace the pipe that runs to the drain as well. Not sure......

My only leak after three days of rain....

Leak is close to the drain; which is good.

Luckily this red cast iron pipe only goes six feet up. After that, it's all pvc upwards to the second floor bathroom.

RC Champion
    My pipe repair is done for now. Just have to let it cure and harden. My only fear about doing this is that by sealing it up, I will cause it to fail elsewhere and then the pipe will collapse under its own weight. I did a bit of research and most say to go with a professional to get this thing fixed. A crack like this is a sign that the pipe is at the end of it's life. Just hope my patch job will buy me some time. Luckily, I can shower at my in-laws (literally around the corner) if things go south.....

Really noticeable once I got the old patchwork out of there.....

Like magic; this stuff.....

Not the prettiest job, but we're not going for looks here!

RC Champion
    I didn't get a thing done on the house this weekend, and it was great! We packed up the car and headed east to visit my wife's sister and husband (my best buddy), and got to do some rc crawling near the Appalachian Trail near Allentown. Had a most awesome time! I can only show some of the Terrain we crawled on (you know why) and it was the best spot we've played on so far. We also did a little yard scaling to get my 3 1/2 year old nephew involved. Good times....

The view from the highway....

Rocks everywhere!!

Pretty good view of the town below....

Just a small sample, really.

Kid is pretty good for his age!

Like a pro....

RC Champion
    Only a fewnprojects going on lately. We've been living life more normally and sporadically working on projects. My wife got the living room walls finished up and it looks pretty good. Still have to do the trim and rip up the carpet, but at least its not mint green anymore. I built her another dresser for the bedroom and had a little drain problem to deal with. Turns out the main drain between the floor drain in the basement and the sewer was plugged up. NOT GOOD!!!! Has a minor backup when my wife was showering. REALLY messy cleanup. Got that done and my father in law got me a commercial grade drill snake from his buddy and that pretty much took care of the problem. Ran every faucet in the house, the shower, and flushed the toilets. Everything is cool now. I also got my garage cleaned out and can now get our Mustang in there. It has no business being on a snow covered road.

Hooray! Snake to the rescue!! I'll spare you the before picture; it's not pretty.....

Bad light and Ipod = subpar pictures, but here's the living room.

RC Champion
    Wow, it's been a month since I've updated the old home remodel thread. Have gotten a few little projects done here and there, but mostly we've just been enjoying normal life. In the spring we'll get back in the groove with more painting, outside projects and a re-do of our bathroom and kitchen. One thing I did get done is fix up a little section in the basement that I call my hunting & fishing closet. It is a little space behind our furnace that has a shoulder width entrance and is like a walk in closet. It was like a tomb before. Nothing was done in there, ever, I don't believe. It was dirty and full of spider webs. Now, after a good cleaning, paint on the walls, epoxy on the floor, and storage shelves, it will be a great place to keep all my hunting and fishing gear.

Before: dingy and dirty....

For some reason, the wall was not completely finished off...

Crusty floor, too!

Finished up the wall, hit it with primer & paint, and it looks pretty good!

Some posters and pictures on the wall, my old gun cabinet, and a rack to hang all gear on and its a nice man-cave!

Of course, we are all ready for the holidays and have been decorating the place up. Pretty cool to turn on the fireplace and sip hot cocoa with the wife....

Season's greetings from the dog! (What a great photo!)

RC Champion
    I also got my annual train setup done in my den today. This train was bought for my wife when she was four years old, so that makes the set 38 years old. (Sorry, Hon!) We've added cars throughout the years, and I just set it up at Christmastime. Just a simple loop but it would be nice to have the room to leave it set up all the time. O guage just takes up so much space! I like it, but I'm not really a train guy. I could be, but I know I don't need another time consuming expensive hobby......

RC Champion
    Got a few little projects done. Nothing too major, but I finally got my workout room cleared out enough that I can set up my Nautilus. Time to get rid of some of these holiday pounds! I also got the rest of my furniture painted for that room and put up some shelves in our dining room to help hide the exposed heat duct. Every single shelf had to be cut to different dimensions because of the nature of the duct being flexible. Not too bad of a project. I am ready for spring, though. I want to put a loft in my shed as well as pegboard and some shelving. Everything is just kind of tossed in there. We also want to paint the garage block gray to match the house as well as a dozen other projects that require nicer weather. All in good time!

Not too exciting, but my wife sure was happy with the result!

Buckeye red everywhere!

Ready for assembly.

RC Champion
    Made some good progress today! (On my house & 4Tec project..) I finally got around to putting my Nautilus machine together. I did have to make an adjustment to get it to fit where I wanted it. If I was to put in my Buckeye room, it had to go lengthwise, but the problem was that the weight bar was just a bit too wide to fit. The only way around this problem was a few new carbon steel blades for my hacksaw and a good bit of elbow grease. I cut six inches of either end to make sure it would clear the wall on either side. First I had to cut the hollow Olympic size attatchments and the the solid steel bar underneath that. That was a workout in itself! I finally got that done, and needing to stay up all night to stay on my sleep schedule, I built the whole thing. Tight fit all around, but it will work. I also got 3/4 of the carpet ripped off of my staircase. Such tedious work getting all those tack strips up without damaging the nice hardwood underneath. Well worth it, though. I'll snap some pics of that when the stairs are all done. Tomorrow. Hopefully!

Tight fit, but good enough for me.

The top JUST clears the heat vent. I even had to put the set slightly off-center to make it work. Good thing I took a foot off the bar. I hadn't accounted for this, and got lucky.

Not the most spacious home gym, but really, there's nowhere else to put it.

Yep, about four inches of clearance on the left side.....

RC Champion
    Finally got all the carpet off of our staircase. Man, do I hate tack strips!! After two days of pulling them up, I feel like I have arthritis in both hands. We already have nice looking treads to go on there and it will look nice when its all done. Next up is to get the carpet out of the living room. CAN'T WAIT!!

Just have to get rid of the rest of the mint paint and the wallpaper!

My dog providing his usual assistance.....

RC Champion
    Well, the stairs are looking great, so we got to work on tearing out the carpet in the living room. It wasn't too bad. My wife did most of the work while I was sleeping after working. I mainly moved all the furniture around and hauled all of the carpet out of there while she got up most of the tack strips. It's currently in a giant pile on my card table in my den. The garbage men are not going to be happy when they see all of this! We may end up using a lot of the carpet in the attic, since half of it is just wood floors and we use it mainly for storage. The living room wood floors are as nice as all the rest. A bucket of water an Murphy's oil soap, and the floors look great! Just gotta paint all the trim white, and it will be mostly done. I do have to put quarter round down to fill in the gap left by the carpeting along ALL the trim in the house eventually; can't wait to see how much that will cost!! She also picked up an area rug and a runner to finish up. (The dog has to be able to get traction as he tears through the house chasing my giggling 3yr. old niece!) Next up will be to paint the upstairs bathroom after wallpaper removal and put in a new medicine chest and cabinet. Eventually, we'll get a new sink and vanity, but it's not critical at this time. After that, the kitchen will get a facelift. All in good time.....

GIANT pile of rubbish....

They must have had huge air returns in here at one time. There's also spots where I believe there were additional fireplaces in here, too.

Kind of a fuzzy pic, but you get the idea....

The area rug and favorite living room nap area.

Could have been gravity heat at one point.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    i demand updates!

RC Champion
    I don't have a ton to report. I did put a nice closet in my den. I say put in, not built, because we found a nice one at IKEA. It's about an inch from the ceiling, 95 inches across and we got custom shelves and pull out baskets. It hold all of our coats, everyday shoes, bags, sweeper, and part of it we use as a pantry. No downstairs closets was getting to be a drag. I also picked up a bunch of matching picture frames to further decorate my Buckeye workout room. We also got all the wallpaper ripped off of the wall above the staircase. Lots of plaster work will have to be done before we can paint that! The wall paper was hiding a lot of imperfections! Once spring gets here, we will makeover the kitchen and main bathroom. Looking at butcher block countertops and a white farmer sink. Just going to paint the cabinets and take out the bulkhead. Wonder what that is hiding. Lots of electrical updates will be happening also. Need some outdoor plugs and a couple of plugs in the basement in strategic locations. Might put in a ceiling fan in another bedroom also. The only pictorial update is of my workout room.

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ FLM P2de ~ SCX-10 ~ AX-10 ~ Wraith ~ HPI Custom Nitro dragster ~ 3 Losi micro scalers

RC Champion
    Just saw this thread. Wow man nice looking house. Quite a transformation from the first post to now.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    nice man! now all you need is a rc track

very nice MAXXXMASHER- Seeing all the pics you have uploaded here and seeing your really putting alot of work into your house? and have seen the changes you have done. My wife and I will be homeowners later this year and may be doing the same thing perhaps but welcome the work you know.......I have the supplies needed for what your doing now but i need to sale them to fund the house first no use having stuff to rebuild and remodel with no house right? I really like your wood floor you have.
    I also know what you mean about those tacks in the carpet they are a pain!!! cant stand them but they do have a tool to remove those i used it a couple times but didnt ask what the name was but they do come out with a little effort as you found out.

Keep up the great work its totally inspiring to see this right now.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Nice Home Maxxxmasher.. My man cave is a work in progress as well, but my wife is fighting me all the way. At one point I took over most of the basement and that didn't go over well. Now I have just the back half. I need to finish the walls and repaint the floor, but looking at yours gave me some great ideas.. I really like the Ikea closet and my have to look into one as well.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    any updates?

RC Champion
    Been working on a few projects. Just less posts and pics now that the excitement has faded a bit. I had been working on the far wall of my living room that leads up our stairway for quite awhile and that is finally a wrap. The problem with the wall is that it was hiding a lot of defects under the ugly wallpaper. Once the paper was removed, it was worse than we thought. For one, the house has settled a bit along the wall and it has a big bulge in the plaster. Not structurally unsound, just not too pretty. We didn't want to do any texture with drywall mud or anything; just wanted it to match the rest of the walls. After about a month of on and off work, I think it looks pretty good. The wall had gouges and pits everywhere and I filled in every one. I also over time built up the low spots in the wall with mud until it now is mostly flat. I'm surprised my palm sander survived the ordeal along with my shoulders and arms!! The sanding wasn't even the worst part. The cleanup was terrible. Kinda like dropping a 50 lb. bag of flour in your house on a windy day. Even with. Plastic sheeting enclosing the stairwell, powder still found its way everywhere. I must have emptied and cleaned my shop vac filter a dozen times! Got it cleaned, Murphy oiled the stairs, painted it and today got the carpet treads down and the railing back up. Oh yeah, I've also started doing the same thing to the main bathroom. We just don't like wallpaper. Stay tuned.....here's some pics!

Everywhere it's white is a hole, gouge, or low spot. Once those were done, I skim coated the whole wall and sanded the entire thing to have it look even once it was painted.

Tried to keep the dust contained! Window fan and charcoal three stage dust mask were also used.

Like shoveling snow!!

All done and pretty!!

I know! Let's do the same thing to the bathroom! It'll be fun!!

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers

RC Qualifier
    Wow! Glad to see you're still making a lot of progress! I absolutely despise wallpaper. I did my kitchen once and it was a 3 day disaster. I'll pay someone to do it if I ever have to do it again.

RC Champion
    Haven't made a lot of progress lately. Had some company over the last week and I have been a little under the weather this week. I got a start on painting my basement steps before my company came to visit. Going with black mixed with some anti-skid additive thrown in and my wife found some nice step treads. Not too exciting, but another task checked off of my list. After this weekend, I'll start sanding the bathroom walls in preparation for paint.

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers

RC Qualifier
    Ok let me just start out saying nice work MAXXXMASHER very nice and second let me say that wore me out just looking thru everything you have done so far lol....very nice work love the colors and the RC shop looks well organized, I would hang out there for sure!!
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Champion
    I have managed to get a good bit done with the bathroom project. Got all the wallpaper off (wife did that), filled in all the holes, then applied a skim coat everywhere to even it all out just like I did on the steps. Then, LOTS of sanding. Next was to recaulk everything and along all the inside corners for smooth lines. Next we had our sis-in-law do the ceiling with a coat of drywall mud in an abstract way. They re-did their entryway to their house and we really liked it. I helped on their home remodel, so it all works out. After that, I taped everything off and my wife has painted all the trim and ceiling in gleaming semi-gloss ultra white. Looks great! Next will be a blue color for the walls and new cabinet and mirror to be put in. Gonna keep the old toilet. It's the same shade of blue as the original tile and would be hard to replace. We may replace the sink and cabinet down the road, but for now, it's ok.

Pics are kind of bad. Low light + Ipod = crappy pics....

Ceiling before paint.

Pic of the shower. Kinda came out green for some reason, but it's baby blue.

After this, we're gonna take a break for awhile. At least on the inside projects. Next spring the kitchen will get a makover. New floor, cabinet painting, new countertop (butcher block we think), new oven hood, maybe a glass tile backsplash, and I'm gonna take out the bulkhead above the cabinets for more storage space. There's Pampered Chef stuff & small appliances being kept in the attic for goodness sake!! (Wifey no likey!!)

RC Competitor
    awesome

RC Champion
    My wife got the bathroom all painted and about 90 percent done. Just have to hang a wall cabinet and put some stuff back. Gonna put some new curtains in there, too. Turned out pretty good. We went with a navy blue color. Thought it may be a bit dark, but it looks pretty cool. Kinda hard to get an idea of what it really looks like since there's not enough room to get a full picture, but here's some snapshots anyways. Going to do a few minor projects here and there, but the major projects will come to a standstill during the coming months. The kitchen will be getting a major facelift in the spring.

RC Champion
    Haven't updated this in awhile, but we have been awfully busy lately working on our kitchen. We took a break after getting the upstairs bathroom done and then the holidays got in the way. No worries, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Anyways, here is what has transpired so far in the kitchen. My got it started by getting rid of the (four layers) of wallpaper. I got my start by tearing out the bulkhead (with my new Sawz All) We wanted to get that out of there for a little more storage, and for my wife's Longaberger collection. After getting rid of that, my wife got to work painting two of the walls tan and I got to work cutting beadboard panels for the other two walls. We're using the beadboard around all of the cabinets to hide some wavy walls, bad plaster, and some major holes and gouges. Got all that up and painted, trimmed out, and caulked. Next was to address the countertops. We were going to use butcherblock, but couldn't find anything suitable in the price range we wanted. On one of our many trips to Lowe's, we found a product to resurface them instead. We did some research h and found the system to be fairly easy to do and pretty durable. (Lowe's actually uses the system to resurface the counters at their check-outs). We got those done and cleaned up and I started on the ceiling. Since it was cracked in spots and needed patching where I tore out the bulkheads, we opted to put a coat of drywall mud on it in an abstract wavy pattern to hide all the imperfections. While I was at it, I put up a new ceiling light that we found at Lowe's for less than half price. Today my wife will be painting the ceiling and I will finish putting in all new switches and outlets that are a brushed nickel color and have snap-on covers with zero screws showing. We opted to leave the cabinets as they were because they look good with the new wall color. Just some updated hardware on those. Almost done! Just gotta put down new floor tiles that have a stone look to them. Very pleased so far!! And only about $500 spent so far. Big spending in sweat equity, though. We have been working on the kitchen for about a month. Not bad, considering we have transformed almost every surface in there.

Boy, these people liked wallpaper!

Had to peer inside the bulkhead to make sure I wasn't going to cut through anything important! All clear!!

Quick work with a Sawz-All!

Some ugliness hidden underneath.

Had to come up with a solution to the power coming out of the wall that was previously hidden under the bulkhead. I built this little box, and I'll be painting it to match the walls.

Prepping for the counter transformation.

After deglossing the counters, you cover them with a super thick paint and then you shoot tiny pebbles with a hopper. Very messy!

Here you can see the paint layer next to the pebble layer.

Luckily we have our top-notch supervisor!

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - 1/16th Fiesta - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - soon '65 Malibu Micro T Drifter

RC Champion
    Some more pics.....

Once the pebble layer dried for 24 hours, it was time to sand it smooth.

I was sure this was going to be fun.....

Sanded smooth....

I also discovered that by mixing the left over epoxy and pebbles, I could make a scale mud pit for my micro crawlers!!

Some beadboard up and my wire box on the wall.

Beadboard almost done!

Painted and looking good. Had to put some flexible trim near the ceiling because nothing is square in this old house.

More pics later. Time for ceiling painting and outlet installation!!! Yay!

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - 1/16th Fiesta - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - soon '65 Malibu Micro T Drifter

RC Champion
    A bit more got done tonight. I put in a few of the new outlets. We got brushed nickel colored units with a new kind of snap on faceplates. Pretty cool looking, I think. All of the switches are the push kind instead of the normal flippers. The old ones were stained up from being in the kitchen for decades. We also got the ceiling painted a nice ultra bright white. Just gotta do a few touch ups and it will be onto floor installation. Coming together nicely!!

Took this pic while it was still drying. Once the touch ups are complete, I'll have some more pics.

This is what I found when I removed to old light. Seems someone got carried away when they cut the hole!! Had to do a little creative patchwork because the new light base just covers the electrical box.

New light fits nicely with the old house!

New outlet/lightswitch. I know most have them match the wall color, but we like the contrast.

RC Qualifier
    Really nice house! I like the bathroom color. Good luck!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseSlash View Post
    Really nice house! I like the bathroom color. Good luck!
    Their is a house in all these pics? all I seen was nice work areas..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Thanks a lot, guys. We have put in a lot of sweat equity and are pleased with the results so far. I hope to do the floor in a few days, but a cold has been kicking my butt for a week now. My wife is so pleased to have a spot on the cabinets to display all of her Longaberger baskets.

RC Champion
    Finally got around to doing the floor. Stayed up pretty late working on it. Just a few detais to button up and it will be done. Got some unfinished wood thresholds last night. Nothing they had in stock looked like it would match our wood floors, so I'll experiment a bit and see if I can stain them to match. While shopping for kitchen remodel stuff, we found a clearance sink and cabinet for the upstairs bathroom I just did. Perfect color, size, and style, and a great price! Going to try and get that in before Easter weekend & company.

In the process....

Just have to finish that little spot by the basement door. Found some loose trim that needed secured before I could do that. Didn't think my wife would appreciate me doing that at 3 in the morning!

She is so happy to finally be able to put her Longaberger collection on display again.

RC Champion
    Although my kitchen floor is not quite done, I have another project I need to take care of. With my parking area next to my garage being a new one, the ground is not quite settled, and with all the rain and snow, it is turning into a mud pit. The front end of my truck is methodically pushing all the gravel into the ground. Today I'm having another three tons dumped to try and fix this problem. I also got some treated 4x4 lumber to act as a curb around it all to hopefully keep it in place. It'll also make it easier to tend to with the trimmer once the grass starts growing. With most of the inside of the house complete, I'll be turning my attention to outdoor projects this year. Can't really plant anything outside around here till at least May, so until then, I'm going to be ripping out a lot of overgrown vegetation.

My mud pit....

Hard to tell from the photos, but my truck sinks to the wheels in the front.

The tarped area is where my garden will be. Got the 4x4's for free from my father in law.

I keep adding rocks to the side of my shed. That and the rear of the shed will eventually be my rock crawling playground. Maybe a Teton could be in my future.....

RC Champion
    I love the open space you got out there. My wife and I are seriously thinking of getting a hobby farm two yrs from now. (dream and goal), since the kids need more space and in a few years already off to college
    Have you thought of hiring one of those mini bulldozers and compress that area, it might hold better or eventually it will be paved.
    You must have ball bashing around there.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Naw, I probably won't rent anything like that. The problem is this area used to just be lawn, so the soil is not compacted at all. I know that would speed things up, but eventually it'll be ok. Plus my father in law knows a guy, and we can get like six tons of gravel for about a hundred bucks. Three tons should be more than plenty to fix the spot and fill all the rest in. I do have a good time bashing here. My house is a corner lot and my garage faces the alley which has little to zero traffic most of the time. I also got two neighbor kids interested in RC's and they both got Rustlers for Christmas. I have already done several repairs for them and gave them some old NiMh batteries and wheels sets I had. Gonna paint a body for one of them next week. Nice to have some bashing partners even if they're decades younger than me. Glad to have spring finally here!

RC Champion
    your going to be fighting a loosing battle unless you prep the sight properly. As long as their is mud under and wet seasons every time you drive over it it will push the gravel down and the mud up. Dig down a foot lay some fabric down and then dump the gravel down and compact..

RC Qualifier
    Lets see that basement with all your cars in it?
    2400kv rusty ~ 4100kv merv
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21