Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Here ya go...

Most of my RC's in their storage location.

And since it's kinda hard to see them, I arranged them all on the floor.

Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    Nice collection, missing the erbe....ehehhe
    Where is your e-maxx
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    My E-Maxx is the one with the yellow, purple, and red body. It has an E-Revo Slipstream body on it. Had to modify the mounts to get it to fit. All I have to do is change the arms, mounts and bumpers and my Fiesta could become a mini Slash or Revo. I actually have enough spares that I could build a second car. Hmmmmm....

RC Champion
    Haven't updated this for a bit. Not too much exciting stuff; mainly trying to get the yard under control. The guy who lived here was a former horticulturist and landscaper, and was over ninety. There are a ton bushes, trees, and ground coverings that I want to remove. I also will finally get my garden going this year. The garden was already there. I just got rid of all the weeds and have had a tarp down for the last two years. He also had a mini greenhouse box on the property, so I have about thirty pots brewing up some seedlings. I have ripped out two beds and reworked them. Just need to get some mulch soon. I also have some small wood ties that I'll be putting down to keep all the gravel where it should be. I also got my shed a little more under control and finished and old potting desk that the guy left behind. I painted up black and orange (Harley Colors) and have some of my gear and accessories in there.

Lots of this ground cover. Luckily, my wife's cousin has a small hillside he is tired of mowing, so I just cut the stuff in squares and pulled it up like tiles, roots and all. It will now live out it's life in a different locale.

I also made a new friend who surmised I wasn't a threat, and was pulling up worms all day a few feet from me.

All done! Just gong to put in some edging, milch and a few plants. Already have a nice Hydrangea in the ground that I bought my wife for Easter.

I also got to one side of the house and cut the depth almost in half on this bed. Gonna put down some gravel and mulch. I left the two day lillies and the small one is a butterfly Bush that will bloom all summer and be six feet tall in a few months. I also dug up daffodils and tulips from around the property and will have them lined up along the house. My wife gave the foundation a coat of black, too.

I also finally got to touching up the old coal door. I brushed it with a wire brush, cleaned it up, and hit it with some coats of rustoleum.

Here's. Some pics of the desk I redid for the shed. Liking this.

The toolbox was a freebie, too. A guy had this old Craftsman tool box on the side of the road with a free sign on it. Needed the latch fixed, and I gave it my own color scheme....

Gotta have my stuff at hand for my baby!!

RC Champion
    Very nice work done, nice bike, thought it was triumph, what is it?.
    Looks like you have been busy, no wonder haven't seen you on the forum for a while.
    That rock facade just looks awesome,
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    It is a Harley Sporster with a lot of mods. I'm on the forums pretty much every day. I just don't post a lot unless I have something new or relevant to add to a topic. Look for another disassembly and rebuild of my E 4Tec coming soon. I just scored upper and lower carbon fiber chassis decks for it. Haven't posted much on the Fiesta/Mustang forums. I mean, it's built and I drift. Not much to tell.

RC Champion
    Had the day off of work today, so I got a fair amount done. I would have made more progress, but my neighbor had to get out his Rustler and egg me on! I had to oblige and get out my Slash for awhile! Basically, I got all my beds done and mulch down. While I was at Lowe's, I lucked into a deal and got five Hydrangeas for fifteen bucks! My wife loves them so it worked out well. All of my seeds for my garden are starting to sprout, so I'll have till up the garden soon, too.

Just have to get more stone and this side of the house will be done.

It'll look better when my plantings catch up to the existing stuff.

This bed was way to big, so I shrunk it down a bit. Put some grass seed, too. This will look nice once I paint the garage gray.

Some of these bushes are way to big! Look nice, but they hide the whole house!!

Shrunk this bed down, too. Still have a good bit to clear out on this side. Planting is so much better than taking stuff out. At least my new grass is coming in.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    Just got home from work, but now I have two days off. Time to put it overdrive and get moved in. The Master is done and I think I can wrap up the outside painting in two days. Roofers will be there soon and we're ready to move on to painting another room. Family had a big picnic, and I decided to trim and mow my in-laws place before work, since they're helping us out so much. The least I could do. Just a few pics of the master with some furniture in there...

Bedroom all pretty....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    I laughed so hard because my brother and you has the same bed comforter set hahahah what a coincidence

Lookin real good, all that work has paid off big time!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    Been getting a lot done this week! My schedule worked out so that I had the last four out of five days off from work, so I have been addressing a few projects that I have been wanting to get done. Mostly outside stuff with a bunch of plumbing thrown in for fun. I got my seedlings for my garden going a while ago in a mini greenhouse and I have to get them in the garden soon. Well, sitting on top of the tarp that has been covering my garden spot is a bunch of half rounded 4x4's that I have been collecting. These are intended to go around the edges of my gravel parking area to keep the gravel in it's place and also to have a clean edge when running the trimmer. Before I did this everything was getting irregular and I'm tired of throwing rocks all over. I figured if I was going to move them to start the garden project, I may as well put them where they belong. Not too bad of a job. Made a little ditch with a hoe and used a string stretched tight to have straight lines. I also fixed a nearby spot where I ripped all the annuals out for the side of the house. Filled in the low spots and smoothed everything out. Grass is starting to grow there now. I also put new gray outdoor carpet down on the front steps and porch. Much nicer now that everything matches.

One cool indoor project I decided to do was replace the sink in my basement. Nothing was wrong with it, I just got an upgrade. I saved the sink and cabinet that was in the upstairs bathroom and installed it in my basement sanctuary. More storage and a bigger sink top. Probably I'll paint it gray at some point to match my color theme, but for now it just gets some red pulls.

Bye bye, old sink!

Got some pretty cool adapters that saved me from soldering new fittings on the copper pipes. They have little teeth, and you spin them on until they click. Watertight seal in twenty seconds!

Sink and cabinet fit quite nicely!

I also added some new pics of Pete Rose and Johnny Bench. Two of my heroes from the big Red machine!

Unfortunately, this was not all the plumbing I tackled this week. My main drain pipe from the second floor fix was not holding up well. The crack in the pipe was just getting worse and leaking water and unwanted grasses into my subterranean paradise. Not good.

I had attempted another quick fix a while back. It was quick, but like the putty I used before, it was not fixing the problem for long. This stuff might work on a small crack, but not for the four foot or so long crack that was in the pipe.

Looks good, right?

Problem was that water still came out at the bottom. My fear was that water, in addition to the portion at the bottom, was coming out out at the junction of the main pipe and the pipe coming from my slop sink under that mound of concrete.

Time to take the bull by the horns!! (I will admit, I have been putting off the eventuality of cutting this four inch cast iron pipe and a bit fearful that something could go drastically wrong.) I read up on doing this, consulted guys in the business and bought a 4700 lb. tow chain for safety. I also have some stumps to pull out, so this will serve me in the future as well.

Time to do work!!

Once I got close to completing the first cut, I connected the chain in another spot to keep the pipe from swinging. Another lucky part was that it was connected with a rubber boot to the pvc coming down, so one cut to get the majority of the pipe out. I was getting nervous as I got closer to finishing the cut. Man, cast iron is tough stuff!!

Hooray! First piece out, and no injury or damage! Hoisted it on my shoulder and carried up the steps and outside. Probably about 70 lbs.

RC Champion
    With the first piece out, I was a little more calm. When that thing fell, I think all of our hearts skipped a beat. When it stayed firmly in the air, and and hung there, we all said WOW! Relief. I then cut off most of the straight piece. Not bad at all. Since it was all corroded, half way though the cut, I could feel it was much softer. Then, thinking I would be able to slide the rest of the pipe out of the floor fitting as I was told by several plumbers, I chipped out the mound of concrete. I also cut off the pipe leading to my sink about six inches out, figuring I could use it like a handle to get the pipe out. WRONG!!

The smaller pipe immediately broke off. Seeing it afterwards you can see why. Oh yeah, that big pipe is not budging one iota.

On to plan B. I cut the pipe off as close to the ground as I could and got an ABS adapter that slid into this section of pipe. Super super tight! We had to put a block of wood on the abs and slowly tap it in with a hammer, stopping short of the bend. It is at least six inches down.

We then could slide the four inch pvc pipe into that (using the correct abs to pvc glue of course) and begin building the stack. I changed the location of the clean out while doing this also. The old one was five feet off the ground and nearly faced the wall! Crazy!
    Hooray! I can now take a shower!

Now onto the sink plumbing. We did some calculating, because now the pipe will have to be higher up from the floor and also still go through the cinder blocks holding up the cement wash sink. The adapter I used was the cause for this. Looks feasable. First step was to cut the long metal 1 1/2" pipe out. No problem! Then loosen the fernco boot under the sink and get the old trap out. Going to put all new pvc under there, too. Easy? WRONG! What I thought was the boot coming off was in fact, the steel drain pipe that was cemented into the bottom of the sink....

Old set up.

And out! Wait....no!

No fixing that. Both sides of the sink drain to the central pipe that (was) permanently in place. Crud!!

Hey, there it is!

Goodbye old sink, you've served out your useful days.

Hello lightweight sporty new model!! With the smaller size, I'll have more room next to my rc workbench. It's really all I need. I never used the right side of the old sink anyways since finding a crack that ever so slightly leaked. The old sink will be demolished where it sits and hauled out in pieces. It was all we could do to move my brother's identical sink twenty feet. Super heavy!!

Here's where I stand right now. Plugged up the sink t-connection for now. This leaves everything upstairs usable until I start smashing the old sink in two days. Took a break from it for a day and took the wife around Amish country and wine shopping. More fun today than last night for sure!

Much better!

I also scrubbed the floor and mopped it (after this pic) and once I'm all done, the area around my new pipes will get a fresh coat of gray floor epoxy. Always an adventure!!
    Last edited by MAXXXMASHER; 06-08-2014 at 04:21 AM.

RC Champion
    Today was demolition day! As soon as I got up, coffee in hand, I headed for the basement. Using a small sledgehammer, I tore into my cement sink. I didn't want to get too crazy, because the copper piped water lines (from the ceiling) were still sitting on top of the sink, and my gas main is just a few feet on the left. Damage from one would be bad and damage to the other could be catastrophic. Demolition wasn't too bad, but the cleanup was a little time consuming. Luckily, I only had to go up a few steps and out the side door to the alley where my truck was parked. I carried up most of the pieces in buckets. Once I was done with that, I figured since two stumps were right there leftover from my planting project, I may as well grab my new 4700 lb. chain and get them gone! Easy as pie!!

I then proceeded to set up the new sink. I think it took me longer to get the sink level and the right height to secure the water lines to the top of it than it actually cut all the pvc and plumb the sink! I cut a bunch of small pieces of wood to slide them under the feet and interchange them around until I finally got it right. Once everything was perfect, I slid the wood stacks out and drilled a pilot hole almost all the way through them. Found screws just the right length for each leg and secured them to holes in the feet one at a time. Then I found a screw and nut to secure the lines to the top of the sink. Rock solid!

I just got done thoroughly cleaning the floor again and it has a fan blowing on it so it is dry and ready for a new coat of paint in a few hours. No work tomorrow, either, so I'll probably put my basement all back together and rearrange some stuff.

Goodbye!

Sorry sink, you've got to go!!

Way easier to destroy than clean up.

Almost done with clean up.

First part of setup complete!

Plumbed with zero drips!

Looks good and I gained a fair amount of space.

RC Champion
    Once I was done with everything last night, I gave the floor a thorough cleaning and set a fan on it to dry it really well. Once my wife went to bed, I headed downstairs and gave the floor a quick coat of epoxy floor paint. Looks pretty good! Tonight's project is to move some stuff around, and clean up the basement. With all my recent projects, my stuff is getting a little scattered. Didn't work today, so I caulked every crack, defect, and gap on my stone block garage. It's gonna get a coat of paint to match the house soon. I also fabbed up a little shelf in the bathroom closet that my wife wanted.

Just gotta clean up the wall a bit and hit that with some white.

Looks much better!

Last edited by MAXXXMASHER; 06-10-2014 at 02:53 PM.

RC Champion
    My wife decided to hit a clearance sale at the mall with her mom, so I decided to work on another task on my list. New carpet on the front porch. The old stuff on the porch itself isn't too bad, but the carpet on the steps is in terrible shape! My wife found some on sale in just the color we wanted....

Much better! Beautiful exciting gray!

I already did the steps about a week ago. Not like I did all this in an hour!

Looks much better now from the street. That right corner is on my to-do list also. Gotta jack up the porch there a bit and fix that.

RC Champion
    Had some days off of work and have gotten a lot done lately. A few projects are still in progress due to the fact that it seemed to rain every day in the last two weeks. At least my newly planted grass is coming in at a record pace! Gotta be helping the garden and my water bill for sure!

As always, my supervisor is keeping tabs on my progress.....

Got the rest of the porch carpeted.

My wife decided to tackle the job of painting the garage gray to match the house and shed. Slow going! It's like painting uneven 40 grit sandpaper. It just soaks up the paint and primer. About half of that is done. Now if it will quit raining for a few days, the rest might get done.

This is the area where I ripped out an old stump, a giant bush, and a bunch of perennials. I replanted the perennials elsewhere, filled the holes in, and leveled it all out. The grass is coming in quickly!

Finally got the garden started. Lots of tomatoes, green peppers, and herbs. I also threw in some jalapenos, cayennes, habaneros, and banana peppers. I love pico and salsa.

Started another overgrown bed project. Lots of work on this one. Literally every inch of ground was covered in gnarled vines. I'd start pulling and every time it was a tug of war with a handful of ten foot vines. Eventually, only the one tree and a small flower bed will remain. That gnarled stump of a plant was an azalea. Just too big. The branches from that alone filled the bed of my truck. Gonna be fun digging that out!!

The stuff to the right is my neighbor's headache. She'll just have her lawn care guy take care of it, most likely.

Third load like this and I'm only about half done. A little better each day....

Your garden looks pretty good. I think it requires a lot of efforts to to keep it in good condition. But there is nothing impossible.

RC Champion
    Yeah having a house period takes a lot of work to keep everything maintained. Luckily we've had rain almost every day or night for two weeks that is keeping the yard and garden happy. I already have a pepper starting! I have some landscaping fabric I'm going to put down on the garden in between rows to keep the weeds at bay. Perhaps tomorrow. I've had family here to visit since the weekend, so I've just been enjoying a few nice days with them. Lots of RC time every day so far!